Saturday 21 January 2012

Dream Interpretation 26

DREAM 26

20 January 2012

I only remember one scene from this dream, but it was extremely vivid and I recalled it in minute detail upon waking.


Lucid dreaming experiments/techniques
  • Mental/training – MILD technique (20 minutes during alpha binaural beats); WBTB (Wake-Back-to-Bed) technique (woke after 5 hours of delta sleep; remained awake for 45 minutes, then returned to MILD technique/sleep)
  • Binaural beats through headphones – 20 minutes of alpha (for self-suggestion & meditation/MILD technique) and 90 minutes of delta (for deep, restive sleep); following WBTB technique – 10 minutes of alpha and 90 minutes of theta & theta/gamma mix
  • LDS –high strength cod liver oil enriched with omega 3, 6 & 9 (3,600 mg); multivitamins A – Z with evening meal; sea kelp (90 mg); CoEnzyme Q-10 (150 mg); Gingko Biloba (120 mg); and Vitamin B Complex. No 5-HTP (experimenting without to test improvement in dream recall) 

Potential triggers/’day residue’ 
  • The evening before this dream I was in a recording studio while PS and other rappers/producers recorded some hip hop tracks. Music promotion (PS’s business) was also discussed
  • The day before this dream, I was angered by PS agreeing with my perception that another particular female was considered more attractive by a group of male friends
  • I saw SP shortly before I went to bed
  • While at SP’s house I had a conversation with him and two other males about one-night stands – specifically, how males could actively seek to have sex with someone they found unattractive just because they ‘got the urge’ – and embarrassing situations the morning after. I argued that women who place themselves in those situations have little self-respect and the boys joked that they should not be discussing the secrets of the male with a girl
  • I have recently been trying to find a one-off (pilot) episode of a BBC comedy, written and starring Julia Davis (who I love), entitled Lizzie & Sarah (which is about two women treated exceptionally badly by their selfish husbands)
  • A couple of days before this dream, PS informed me that an acquaintance (who was a new father) had a baby as a result of a one-night stand. I wondered how many men had fathered children they did not know about because of one-night stands or casual relationships and we talked about the situation of unwanted fatherhood and whether a man who intentionally has unprotected sex with a female stranger, or casual acquaintance, should have any say in whether the woman has an abortion (PS said the man should have a say, but recognised that this could not be legally enforced due to human rights; while my opinion is that the man should have no say whatsoever, but women who choose to become pregnant from a one-night stand or casual relationship are selfish and shouldn’t expect financial or emotional/parenting support from someone they barely knew when creating a life together). This conversation led me to think of a girl I knew, who became pregnant at the age of 13, but concealed the fact from everyone, including her boyfriend - who didn’t discover he was a father until several days after the birth of his daughter. The last name of the mother/daughter relates to that of the dream character
  • SP has a habit of clicking the cartilage in his ear
  • On the night of this dream I was wearing large 'doorknocker' hoop earrings - and was pleased to see that my previously over-stretched earlobes had apparently healed from my abstaining from daily wearing over-heavy earrings

Main dream environment(s)

  • (Scene 1):
I am not sure of the timing. It was an interior setting, with an artificial light. The floor was white and the only furniture in the room was a brown two-seater sofa
Brown two-seater sofa
Characters
  • Myself (I did not see myself)
  • PS (appearing as he does in real-life)
  • SP (as above)
  • A female musician named ‘Sarah Coulson’ - referred to only/voice heard on telephone (unknown to me in real-life – I Google-d the name, but found no-one familiar or linked to myself or any party in this dream)

Dream narrative
  • (Scene 1):
No lucidity. PS and SP were sitting beside one another on the sofa. If I was standing before them, PS would be on the left and SP on the right. I was sitting on the floor in front of them, with my back to them. I was organising papers. PS’s mobile phone rang and he had a conversation with a female. They were organising for him to meet with her to promote her music. I tried to interrupt the telephone conversation, by shaking his leg. I was trying to ask him why he was meeting this girl when he never usually met with the male artists (usually business is conducted online, as is the nature of the company). He carried on speaking with her. When he finished the conversation, I stood up, agitated. SP starting whispering in PS’s ear and I lip-read, seeing that he was saying I was a typically jealous woman and PS should not listen to what I was saying. My anger increased and I stood up. PS took out a black leather-bound diary/organiser and looked at any entry. I grabbed it from him. The pages were white with blue lining. On the dated page the diary was open on, was an entry. It was in blue biro
Black leather-bound filofax
Human ear
Interpretation/analysis  
I think this dream is clearly about sexism and sexual jealousy – from my position on the floor, beneath the males and therefore, in my perception, lower in status; to the whispered conversations and apparent secrecy between the males (regarding another female), from which I was excluded. The removal of the ear is (I think) symbolic of the removal of the phallus (i.e. castration) – the emasculation of the male.

No comments:

Post a Comment