Monday 19 March 2012

Dream Interpretation 31

DREAM 31

Dream date: 22nd February 2012

NOTE: Due to a busy work schedule I have not been updating my Blog and therefore have a backlog of dreams to write up on here. Unfortunately I have also had many dreams which, due to poor techniques and a lack of practice over the past few weeks, were not recalled clearly enough to record. Dream experimentation is a continuing practice and I have learned that as quickly as skills of dream control and recall are learnt, they can just as easily be lost. From henceforth I will make more of a concerted effort to practice my once successful techniques and  update my Blog regularly.


Lucid dreaming experiments/techniques 
  • Mental/training – MILD technique before bed – simple practice of meditating on my phrase ‘ACR’ (‘dream intentions’ of Awareness, Control and Recall) for several minutes before drifting off to sleep
  • LDS – Flaxseed Oil enriched with Omega 3, 6 & 9 (4000 mg); Multivitamins A – Z with evening meal; Sea Kelp (90 mg); CoEnzyme Q-10 (150 mg); Fenugreek (3000 g); Gingko Biloba (120 mg); and Vitamin B Complex with additional Vitamin B6 (10 mg); Hydrolysed Collagen (6000 mg); Iron (28 mg)
  • No use of binaural beats

Potential triggers/’day residue’   
  • I watched the film Napoleon Dynamite (2004) as I was falling asleep
  • I have experienced a gang coming to my home with weapons, threatening violence in January of this year

Main dream environment(s) 
  • (Scene 1):
I was at home (my home in London) but it did not appear as it does in real-life. Instead there was no definite form or decoration to the room which I could recognise. I was standing by a window, leaning on the arm of a sofa, which was brown. I just instinctually knew where I was without recognising any real-life qualities of the room itself, which in the dream appeared to be empty but for the arm of the sofa and the window. The room was brightly lit with a yellow-toned light

  • (Scene 2):
I was in an outside environment at night, illuminated by street lights. It wasn't the real-life exterior to my home in London, but that is how it felt in the dream. There were rows of two-storey houses, arranged in lines, with the lights on, seen through the windows, whereas in real-life I live on an estate with towerblocks. I was on a strip of concrete which could have been either a road or a pavement - it seemed fairly wide. There was a bench on the side of the concrete strip and some trees/bushes
  

Characters
(Present in all scenes):
  • Myself (I did not see myself at first, but I think I was as I appear in real-life - when I did view myself in the third person I did not notice any difference to my mirror image)
 (Scene 1):
  • PS
  • Some males (some white males, others wearing balaclavas) outside, seen from the window
 (Scene 2):
  • One white male with blonde hair and a blue hooded top - in his late teens or early 20s (unknown to me in real-life)
  • Three further males, who I did not get a clear view of - they had their faces concealed, but I could not make out any other distinguishing features
  • A very masculine female with blonde hair, wearing a lycra leotard. She had huge muscles and resembled the character of 'Starla' (Carmen Brady) from Napoleon Dynamite

Dream narrative
  • (Scene 1):
PS and I were standing at the window, inside the house. We could see a group of males, some white and in teens/20s and others with balaclavas disguising their appearance. I felt both concerned and trapped in the house and wondered what to do. The situation felt desperate.

  • (Scene 2):
I was suddenly outside, in the street, illuminated by the glow of street lights. I felt terrified and confused as to why I had ventured outside. I was turning round quickly, trying to think how to best get to safety. I felt as though I was close to home, but also in the middle of a hostile situation. All of a sudden I was apprehended by the young blonde male, who grabbed my arm and started to steer me towards the bench, which was situated by some bushes. I knew something bad was going to happen. I looked at the houses lining the strip of concrete we were standing/walking on. The lights were on and I hoped someone would see my plight and come to rescue me. The male said something I could not remember upon waking. He didn't sound as hostile as the situation felt, however. I was surprised that he said whatever it was in a pleasant manner. He pushed me down on the bench. I thought I was going to be raped. However, the other three males jumped out suddenly. Everything happened very quickly and in seconds I became aware that the barrel of a gun had been put in my mouth. I saw myself in the third person, but did not see the faces/upper bodies of my attackers, only the hand of the male holding the gun and the arms of those males holding me down onto the bench. I started to kick out and my perspective switched back to 'first person'. I fought the males off me and freed myself from their grasp, getting up off the bench and beginning to run. The original blonde male caught me there was a tussle as we grabbed at each other before I punched him square in the face, knocking him to the floor. As I turned to run in another direction I saw the 'Starla' character running towards me swinging a huge medieval flail (mace) with spiked ball on the end. As she apprehended me and swung her mace at my head, I woke up.
Helmut Newton, Jo Champa, Chelsea Hotel, NYC (1988)
Carmen Brady - 'Starla' from Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
Medieval spiked mace
Interpretation/analysis
I will interpret some of the dream symbolism at a later stage, but you will find some of the symbolism analysed elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment