Monday 25 November 2013

Dream 194

Dream date: 21st November 2013

I was in my old primary school canteen - it had the tables laid out like it would at lunchtime. I left the canteen and went into my nan's house - although I am not sure what room I was in. I looked in the mirror and realised I was not 'me' - I was a woman of a similar age, but I had straight black shoulder-length hair and very pale skin. I realised that I was also pregnant and I was not happy about this realisation. I did not feel as if I was me with a different appearance - I was a completely different woman. A young boy (approximately 10 years of age) approached me. He had straight black hair which hung down either side of his face. He was my son. He was upset that I was having a baby, but did not know who the father was. He started crying and laid across my lap - in the pose seen in Michaelangelo's Pieta sculpture - while I comforted him, telling him everything would be fine. I then found myself (I am not sure if I was me or this pregnant woman) back in the primary school canteen. I was seated at a table with my nan, and could see PS sat on the opposite side of the room. A young female teacher approached my table - with a huge sheet of white paper. She was explaining an exercise to us. The sheet of paper had some badly drawn crayon pictures with boxes next to them. The teacher was writing 'ticks' in the boxes. 
Michaelangelo, The Pieta (1498-1499), St Peter's Basilica, Vatican City

No comments:

Post a Comment