Tuesday 27 January 2015

Dream 361

'Scared of the Homeless'
Dream date: 25 January 2015
I was in a house which was a composite between an unfamiliar one and my nan's house in Sheringham. I was an adult, but still attending school. There was a recent series of occurrences in the town which involved homeless men breaking into houses in the middle of the night and sleeping in the bedroom of the homeowner/tenant without their knowledge. The homeowner/tenant would discover the homeless person when they awoke.

I woke one morning (for school) to find a homeless boy at the bottom of my bed. He climbed over my head and I could see that he had a huge tear in his jeans which meant that there was no crotch - just a gap, exposing his underwear. He had messy blonde hair, about shoulder length. I felt scared by the intrusion into my bedroom and he left quickly.

The next night, I made sure all the windows were closed and the doors were locked. In the morning, I awoke to find a different homeless man was in my bedroom. He had vomited on my belongings and had been smoking in my bedroom, which made me feel angry and again, scared by the intrusion into my private life.

I went into my uncle's bedroom, which was slightly bigger than it would be in real-life. My mum and stepdad were standing beside the bed, looking at the contents of a cardboard box which was on top of the duvet. My mum was crying. It turned out that the homeless man had smashed some expensive champagne glasses which belonged to my mum in the dream.

There was a town meeting to discuss the problem with homeless men invading the bedrooms of town members. I saw the blonde boy with the hole in his jeans and pointed him out to the row of people attending the meeting (none of whom I recognised in real-life). One man said: 'That's Jim, he used to be do casual jobs on the taxis. He's nice'. I felt less scared of him than I had before, but still did not like the second homeless man who had vomited/smoked/smashed the glasses. When I returned home after the meeting, I saw that the second homeless man had left a pile of books and worn socks under my bed. I assumed that this meant he planned to return and I wondered what I could do to stop him breaking in again. 

There was a scene involving Kurt Cobain (1967 - 1994) but I cannot recall what happened. I think we were outside a shopping mall at the time, and that it was dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment