Tuesday 28 April 2015

Dream 422

'New Puppy!'
Dream date: 26 April 2015

Day 5 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - The 'Dream Town' Dream
This is Day 5 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

I was in a room which looked like my own bedroom in my house in Norwich, but had a tall shelving unit where my desk would normally be. I was trying to get my mum's attention, but she said she had to be at a meeting and left in a hurry. I was aware that she was going to join my stepdad somewhere. It was night-time.

While I was sat on my bed, my mobile phone rang. It was my mum. She told me that she had bought me a new puppy - it was a white Staffordshire Bull Terrier which had pink and lilac spots. I was so overjoyed and excited!

I walked over to the shlving unit, which had a TV/computer screen built into it. On the shelf was a puppy - it turned out I already had a dog. The dog had a normal sized head (it looked like a Staffy), but no body - only rear legs and a tail joined to the head. It had orangy-brown fur. The puppy was walking (quite normally) along the shelf. I felt sad for it, in case it thought I was replacing it with a better, fully-formed puppy, but vowed that I would love both of them the same.

TIME: 03:00 - 12:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place, but assume that it was towards the end of my sleep, as I think I woke up from it)
LUCIDITY: None

Dreamsigns:
  • My bedroom looked different (IA - Inner Awareness/F - Form)
  • It is not natural for a dog  to have pink/lilac fur (F - Form)
  • The dog without a body was an impossibility, as was the fact it could walk normally (A - Action/F - Form)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Dogs

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • A short while before this dream I had seen a video of a dog which had been fitted with artificial limbs (because it's feet had been amputated due to frostbite) - which enabled it to walk normally again.
  • The day of this dream DL and I had a conversation about how animals reject their young if they are the 'runt of the litter' so as not to waste vital resources on caring for them. We then discussed whether human parents prefer their stronger, more able children or whether they tend to prioritise their weaker offspring to increase their opportunities and quality of life.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I felt sorry for the disabled dog, but it was very positive to have a dream about getting a puppy!

* I have remembered the majority of this dream.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream seems to have been heavily influenced by day residue (see above) and my general love of Staffordshire Bull Terriers! It does not seem to be connected to my incubated dream theme in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment