Monday 4 May 2015

Dream 424

'Inducing Labour & Credit Card Fraud'
Dream date: 28 April 2015

Day 7 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - The 'Dream Town' Dream
This is Day 7 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

I was in a supermarket, deciding whether or not to buy toilet cleaner. I then went home and found that I was hand-washing my purple faux leather jacket in the bathtub. The leather jacket had become a faded purple-blue and was ruined. I realised I had washed it in toilet cleaner, not washing powder.

The dream then changed and I was a different person - a young woman (I am not sure what I looked like) as I did not see myself froma  third-person perspective or in a reflection. I was married to a dream character called Jason. He was a young white male, or a similar height to myself, with a slim build. Jason wore a blue leather jacket and had black hair and a short beard. I was pregnant and had gone past my due date to give birth. However, I was still slim with my 'normal' waistline. I was keen to induce labour so that I could give birth as quickly as possible. I told Jason that one way to do this was to have sexual intercourse, but for some reason, although he agreed, I just masturbated instead. I did not experience an orgasm and soon got bored. 

I then realised that one recommended way to induce labour was to drink lime cordial directly from a bottle. I started doing this, but nothing happened. I then told Jason that we should eat spicy food (to induce the labour). We ate some curry (I cannot recall what kind of curry this was), but again nothing happened. I was in a house which was a composite of my nan's kitchen in Sheringham and a room which was only familiar to me within the dream (see diagram). CD (a friend of my mum's) was present and I was aware that she had removed a lot of vegetables which were apparently rotten, and placed them in a large cardboard box to take out to the rubbish/trash. I looked in the box and it contained strangely shaped cauliflowers (instead of road, they were long and irregular shaped) and some aubergines. The vegetables looked to be in fine condition and I was annoyed at CD for wasting good food. 

I then decided that Jason and I should go for a drive. We got in a car and Jason was driving. I am not sure where this location was, but soon we got out of the car and I realised we were at the back of the lake at my university campus, walking in the forest. We were smoking a cannabis joint. We passed two middle-aged woman, and then suddenly, saw a police car which had driven through the forest and was parked between the trees - obviously the police were searching for someone. I realised it was Jason and I who they were looking for, and we threw the (finished) cannabis joint on the ground and decided to walk in the opposite direction, so that we could escape the police. I then realised that Jason and I were wanted for serious credit-card fraud. Apparently, we had stolen credit cards and then pretended to be the holders of these accounts to acquire money and goods illegally. I did wonder how the police could prove it was us, but Jason reminded me that on the occasions that we had committed the frauds and stolen identities, we had also used credit cards which were legitimately in his name, which linked us to the crimes. I felt very worried, as I did not want Jason to be arrested before I gave birth to our baby. I had no concerns that I would be arrested or tried for these offences, it seemed only Jason would be.

We were then back in out home. I was trying to find ways to ensure Jason would not be apprehended, and thought the best idea would be for him to hide. I noticed a small door (square) which was on the wall, above our bed. I opened it and saw that it led to a 'secret room' which had another bed and a sofa in it - made of a blue patterned chevron material (like public transport seating). I told Jason that he could hide in there and I could place a picture or poster over the small doorway into the room, to prevent it from being detected. Jason then informed me that the 'secret room' had a proper doorway, which was positioned in the hallway, making it just a normal room. I felt dejected.

The scene changed again, and I was myself. I was with DL. We were in a supermarket and were taking part in a challenge to make a dish. I walked over to some shelving to get some ingredients. I saw a huge metal barrel of olive oil, and poured some into a separate, smaller container. Other ingredients included gherkins and some kind of fish (I cannot recall exactly what). I ran down another aisle to where DL was standing at a makeshift kitchen counter which had been set up near the cheese section of the supermarket. This was the area where the contest to make the dish was taking place. We started to prepare the dish together, but I spilled the oil. DL was angry with me. I tasted the oil on my fingers and thought it tasted strongly of washing-up liquid. DL said the whole dish was ruined (even though the oil had not yet been added to the dish). I asked if it was because the washing-up liquid had been added to the oil (I assumed at this point that this was the reason the oil was sitting in the big metal barrel, because it had been spoiled), but DL said that it was because when I had tried to clear up the oil spill with a cloth, my hair had trailed in the oil, contaminating it. I then had a vision of me mopping up oil with a cloth and my hair falling forward into the oil on the surface.

I woke up.

TIME: 10:00 - 14:00 hours
LUCIDITY: None

Dreamsigns:
  • I was a different person, with a different set of family circumstances (IA - Inner Awareness/F - Form/C - Context)
  • It would be impossible for a police car to drive into the woods behind the lake (IA - Inner Awareness/A - Action)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Cannabis
  • The colour blue

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • A few days before this dream I had hand-washed my purple faux leather jacket (in the bath) because I had put it down in front of the sound system at a hip hop gig (on 24 April) and it got beer spilled on it.
  • I have recently seen a lot of online media articles focusing on (a) the (overdue) birth of the second child of Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge; and (b) Sarah Stage, the model who maintained a very slim figure and a 'six-pack' throughout her pregnancy, provoking a lot of positive and negative attention.
  • The day before this dream I watched an episode of Come Dine With Me in which one of the contestants used a huge quantity of oil to cook some potatoes.
  • The day before this dream I watched an episode of cookery competition, Masterchef.
  • DL and I discussed cannabis and while at the hip hop show on 24 April, a stranger had given me some free cannabis.
  • When I was washing-up the other day, the ends of my hair fell into the water.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

This dream was really pleasurable, because it felt like a proper narrative with a plot and I enjoyed being a different dream character involved in a dramatic story. This was a positive dream to have.

* I have remembered the majority of this dream.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream seems heavily influenced by day residue and current events in my waking life. It does not seem to be linked to the incubated dream theme in any way, and there is a definite break with some of the recurrent themes I have experienced in my recent Dream Incubation Experiment dreams (for example, Sheringham as a dream scene location). 

No comments:

Post a Comment