Monday 4 May 2015

Dream 425

'Do You Want to See My Teeth?'
Dream date: 30 April 2015

Day 8 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - The 'Dream Town' Dream
This is Day 8 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

I was in a room, but it looked pretty normal - the lights were on and there was a large wooden desk in the middle of the room, but I am not sure what other furniture was there. I was aware that I had paid £90 to attend some kind of class or learning programme which would be taking place in the near future. However, in the room with me was a male dream character. He was older than me and white; quite tall and medium build, with a long face which had a slight yellowish tint to the skin. He was completely bald. This male dream character was trying to convince me to skip the class. I said that if he wanted me to skip it, he would have to refund my £90 so it wouldn't be wasted. In my mind, I was confusing £90 and £900, because I kept thinking about both amounts. 

The dream character held some notes out to me. There were some £20 notes and a £10 note. Although there was at least £90 being shown to me, I still had the figure of £900 in my mind, and I thought the £10 meant I would be receiving less than I had paid for the course - in the dream, my maths did not make any sense. The male dream character put the money down on the desk. I noticed that one of the notes (which I had seen as a £20 note and had a similar design) was a £250 note. I told the dream character that he was trying to scam me. He denied this. 

I then saw a close-up of my own teeth (as if I was looking in a mirror). One of my teeth (behind my incisor on the left) was rotten (it is not in real-life). I could see my top gums were protruding and square in shape. I touched them and saw they were actually made out of plastic - almost like pieces of Lego. I found myself sitting at the desk, beside which the dream character was standing. As I looked up at his face, I realised that he was Pennywise the Clown - his face was morphing as I looked at him. I felt anxious as I did not want to meet Pennywise the Clown. He started to open his mouth, and said: 'Do you want to see my teeth?' I knew (memory from watching IT and reading the description of Pennywise's teeth in the novel) that he had nightmarish fangs which he displayed when he was about to kill/eat someone. I did not want to see his teeth. As he opened his mouth, I could see that his teeth were large and rotten, but I only got a quick glimpse before the dream ended. 

TIME: 04:00 - 12:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: None

Dreamsigns:
  • The amount of money kept changing in my mind (IA - Inner Awareness)
  • There is no £250 banknote available in UK currency (IA - Inner Awareness/F - Form/C - Context)
  • My gums were made of plastic (F - Form)
  • The male dream character was Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT (1990)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Money - with a different appearance/value
  • Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I have recently paid £90 to attend a festival.
  • My mum recently (several days before this dream) gave me some money - in £20 notes.
  • I am writing a fictional novel in which my main character experiences lucid dreams - and has a relationship with Pennywise the Clown
  • I am currently worried about my teeth, because I have a phobia of the dentists and constantly think about how I would cope if I needed emergency dental treatment. 

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

This dream was a little scary towards the end, but I did not have any negative waking thoughts or emotions.

* I have recalled the main points of this dream, but if I remember any more, I will record it below.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream does not seem to relate much to my intended dream incubation, but the fact that I have been thinking about my novel and how to incorporate the character of Pennywise the Clown into the plot demonstrates that I may have incubated him into my own dream as a dream character, which is unfortunate. It also displays how easy it is for repetitive or regular waking thoughts (day residue) to penetrate the dream narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment