Friday 15 May 2015

Dream 439

'Bubblegum Explosion at Musical Concert'
Dream date: 14 May 2015 (Afternoon Nap)
I was in a smallish room which had a roped-off area in the middle of a dance floor. The lights were on very bright in this room - yellow colour. A music concert/gig was taking place - I could not see the band (because there were so many people in the way of my vision of the stage) but I think it was a punk band. I cannot recall the music, just the atmosphere and vibe amongst the audience. The dance floor was crazy - it was one giant moshpit. The roped-off square in the middle of the floor (which was only about 3 meters squared in size) was reserved for the most violent of moshers, who were really brutal in the way they were dancing to the music. I was not allowed in the roped-off area, which was like a 'VIP' section reserved for specific people. 

Suddenly there was a big cartoon explosion which leapt across the dance floor/moshpit and ending up in the roped-off area. It looked like the mushroom cloud from an atom bomb. The audience started panicking and screaming. I walked to the side of the dance floor, where there was some kind of chart hung on the wall. It looked like a floor plan and also a list. I became aware that the explosion occurred because someone - a dream character in the audience (I think it was a female) had put bubblegum on the floor plan. The floor plan was actually an electrical circuit.

The scene changed and I was in The Crown Pub, Sheringham, which did look quite a lot like it should in real-life. I was sitting in the small area where the dartboard/fruit machine is. I was with someone - a friend - but I cannot recall who it was. A female dream character took the the centre of the pub, attracting everyone's attention. She was being celebrated as a local Green Party campaigner and was making a speech about her political stance. In the speech she mentioned that the Green Party stood for protecting vulnerable people against discrimination and exploitation (I am not sure if this was actually one of the policies in the manifesto of the real-life Green Party). She then started to make a joke about a local man (GRC) who has learning difficulties in real-life. I cannot recall what she said, but it was nasty. Someone in the middle part of the bar shouted: 'No!' and I decided to stand up and address her hypocrisy and cruelty. I told her that she should not be celebrated as a political advocate or campaigner because she was not suitable given the jokes about a disabled man. This caused the rest of the customers in the pub to start cheering me, and shouting at her. She was forced to leave the pub in a cloud of disgrace. She exited through the rear entrance. 

Someone - an unrecalled dream character - told me I had a lot of white hair, but this was 'cool' because it 'glittered' against my black hair. I felt self-conscious and wanted to dye my hair so it was all black. I did not see my hair, as the dream was experienced from a first-person perspective and I had no mirror.

The scene changed again and I was sitting on the floor in an interior which had a huge shelving unit and a fridge. I was with PS and DL. The shelving unit and the fridge contained special objects which belonged to CJS, PS's mother. I cannot recall what the objects were exactly, but they were normal household items and ornaments mainly. I had a conversation with PS which I cannot recall. I then helped DL to move some of the objects from the shelves into the fridge - according to a list/inventory I was using to cross-reference. I cannot recall exactly what else happened in this dream scene, but at the end, DL took an ornamental teapot (white with a floral design) and placed it in the fridge, on the bottom shelf. I looked at it and said: 'No, you need to rinse it first' because it was covered in soapsuds. 

TIME: 18:00 - 19:30 hours
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • There was a cartoon explosion (A - Action/F - Form/C - Context)
  • Bubblegum on a floor plan/electrical circuit caused the explosion (A - Action/F - Form/C - Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • The Crown Pub, Sheringham as a dream scene location
  • PS, DL and CJS (unseen in dream, but referred to) as dream characters

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • Shortly before this dream I watched Sid and Nancy (1986) - which showed scenes depicting the rough atmosphere on the dance floor/front of the stage at Sex Pistols performances.
  • The day of this dream I was trying to find out if any hardcore bands were playing live in Norwich (or if there were any other rock music events) for the forthcoming week.
  • The day before this dream I had discused mushroom clouds and atomic bombs with DL. I also saw a picture of 'Adam Bomb', the character from the Garbage Pail Kids.
  • The General Election took place on 7 May 2015 - many people on my Facebook were discussing their support for the Green Party in the run up.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I did not have any specific waking thoughts and emotions about this dream - it seemed a lot shorter than it does in this report - I would estimate it was around 10 minutes long (from the experience) with the longest dream scene being the second one, in the pub.

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall them, I will record them below. I have recalled all the scenes and major action, but not specifics of conversations with dream characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment