Friday 22 May 2015

Dream 442

'I'm a Green Party Campaigner, a Home Removal Van Driver & a Real Estate Agent!'
Dream date: 19 May 2015
There was a scene which had Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love acting out the roles of a different (celebrity?) couple - my dream recall on this aspect of the dream is incredibly hazy and vague - but I recall that this scene reminded me of a speeded-up montage of them.

I was involved in a separate dream scene in which I was standing in a muddy field with PS - I was a Green Party campaigner and felt successful in whatever I was doing in relation to my campaign.

The scene changed and I was in a removal van, outside a large Victorian townhouse at night. My stepdad and a female dream character with were me. This was my new job as a home removals/delivery driver. My stepdad loaded some art canvases into the van. I was aware that I had not yet passed my driving test, but was somehow able to drive really well. I mentioned this fact to my stepdad (who is a truck driver in real-life) and he said I was a good driver and would soon pass my test.

There was a dream scene where I saw several illuminated boxes stacked on top of each other - there was some kind of choice involved.

I also saw a blue robot which was covered in dripping blue paint. I think the wet blue paint was part of him, rather than something that was on him. I am not sure what happened in this scene.

I then became aware that PS and I were real-estate agents, selling properties - we were looking through a portfolio of houses for sale.

TIME: 23:00 hours - 09:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: No
SPECIAL NOTES: Cannabis - general negative effect on dreaming and dream recall

Dreamsigns:
  • I am not affiliated with any political party (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • I cannot drive, but in the dream I was able to work as a driver without a licence (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • Robot made of blue dripping paint (F - Form/C - Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • The Green Party/political campaigning
  • Driving - trying to obtain a licence
  • Blue

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream I watched a video by Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo, in which she said she would be taking her driving test for the second time later that day.
  • The day of this dream I watched an episode of King of the Hill in which 'Peggy Hill' started selling real estate.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
Smoking cannabis undoubtedly affects dreaming in a negative way. For a couple of days I have not recalled my dreams at all, and even this one was very hazy and vague - more like a collection of short, fleeting dream scenes rather than a coherent dream narrative.

* I have forgotten a lot of this dream - I don't think I will be able to recall anymore, but if I do, I will record it below.

* Recalled Dream Scene (22 May 2015, 22:20 hours)
I was looking in the bottom of my handbag and I noticed some loose change had spilled out from my purse (which sometimes happens in real-life) - I could see a £2 coin and a 50p at least. I thought this was a good find as it meant I had more money than I thought and didn't need to withdraw money from an ATM.
Memory Trigger: In real-life I looked in my handbag for some money, expecting to see the loose change (of at least £2.50 in coins) in the bottom of my bag. I found there was no loose change there - and remembered that this commonplace, normal, banal event (the act of finding a small amount of loose change in the bottom of a handbag) had occurred in a dream. I do not know how this dream fit into the sequence of this dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment