Monday 25 May 2015

Dream 443

'Will the Real Mrs Slim Shady Please Stand Up?!'
Dream date: 23 May 2015
I was married to Eminem (Marshall Mathers) and our relationship was a very happy one. I am not sure where we were living, but I assume that it was in the UK - and perhaps in Norfolk, as my family appeared in the dream. We had two (newborn) children - both sons. One of them (the 'favourite') was named 'Cobain' and he was healthy and thriving. The other son - who I assume was a twin - was badly deformed. We decided to call him 'The Child' instead of giving him a proper name. However 'Child' was spelled 'Khild'. He had a normal mouth, but inside that mouth was another smaller one, with strange teeth which protruded at an outward angle. This was reminiscent of the appearance of the aliens from the Alien movie franchise (1979 - onwards).  'The Khild' was sickly and Eminem was ashamed of him. I didn't really like him much either, although I had sympathy for him and felt guilty about favouring Cobain. 

Eminem was on tour, so I was left with our sons in a house which was quite dark and not familiar - although in the dream it was our family home. It was quite modest - a normal house. We were in the kitchen. My mum and my nan were there with me, helping me to look after the children, who were now a little older (pre-school age). Cobain was sitting at the table, with a book. 'The Khild' was sitting on top of the table, and my nan was trying to feed him, which was difficult, given he had a mouth within a mouth. He kept biting the spoon with the second mouth rather than eating the food. He then picked up a copy of his father's (Eminem's) latest album (in CD format - this was just an album in the dream, not an actual album released by the real-life Eminem). He was really proud to be the son of a famous hip hop artist and he was trying to rap along to the tracks as they played on a stereo, but due to his deformity, he also had a severe speech disorder and the words were all a big jumbled mess which did not make any sense. I felt very sorry for him. I got the sense that he was seeking acceptance and love from his distant father and that it was pointless because in Eminem's eyes he would never be the 'perfect son'.

I went out of the house - leaving the children with my family. I was going to meet Eminem as he arrived back home from tour. I walked down a surburban street lined with normal houses - it looked like an area of Norwich (see image - this may in fact be the dream scene location, as it was incredibly similar as I recall it). The sun was shining brightly. There was a bus (tour bus) at the end of the street and many people (dream characters) crowded around, to get a glimpse of a major celebrity (Eminem). I looked at the front of a house (not anything out of the ordinary - just a normal house in the row of similar ones - although I recall looking at it intently) and wondered if Eminem ever missed being married to Kim (his ex-wife with whom he has a daughter, Hailie).

Eminem started walking towards me, wearing a white hoodie. I was aware that his mental health might suffer if he had to go home to 'The Khild' and therefore wanted to keep him away from the house for a bit so he could relax and enjoy himself. He came up to me, carrying a huge kebab as a gift - I thought this was sweet and romantic. We hugged and kissed.

TIME: 04:00 - 09:30 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • I was married to Eminem and we had two sons (C - Context)
  • The 'deformed' son could not be born with the physical characteristics (a mouth within a mouth) (F - Form/C - Context)
  • The children aged without any time seeming to pass (IA - Inner Awareness/A - Action/C- Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream I had seen many hip hop fans commenting on an online poll which had declared that Eminem was rated as the 'best MC' in a contest which paired him against some older, more 'revered' hip hop artists (considered to be founders of the genre'). Many people voiced the opinion that Eminem is not a serious artist and was a populist choice.
  • The day of this dream I had been dancing (twerking) to an Eminem track 'Ass Like That' from the album Encore (2004).
  • Recently I had said on a number of occasions that I really like the name 'Cobain' for a boy - in honour of Kurt Cobain.
  • The day of this dream I had explained a theory which suggests that 'dream speech' is similar to speech aphasias experienced by persons with schizophrenia. 

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I was soo happy in my marriage to Eminem - he was the perfect husband. However, this dream left me feeling guilty and ashamed of the way we treated (or viewed) our deformed son. I would never discriminate against the disabled and would like to think I would never treat a deformed/disabled child differently from an able-bodied one, or feel any negativity or shame towards them as a result of their condition. Therefore, while I enjoyed this dream (because Eminem was so sexy in it!) it did make me feel immoral and cruel to prioritise my husband over my child's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment