Sunday 16 August 2015

Dream 475

'Talking Through Windows'
Dream date: 16 August 2015

Scene 1: Car Park, Thorpe, Norwich - Possibly Day/Dusk
I think I was in a residents' car park in Thorpe, Norwich. I was with PS and I knew I was pregnant. I did not know who the father of the baby was - in that it was not clear in the dream. I was worried that it might be an 'incest baby'. PS was also aware of the fact I was pregnant, even though it was not obvious from looking at me. We were having some kind of argument. PS had a spliff which was almost finished. I grabbed it off him and smoked the last few tokes. This was done while we were both crouching down on concrete. PS started shouting at me, telling me my baby would be born deformed. This was because of me smoking the small amount of cannabis, not as a result of the baby being conceived through incest. 

PS got in his car and I was standing outside, talking to him through the half-open window on the driver's side. I was saying that 2 - 3 tokes on a spliff would not affect the baby - which I did not want anyway. There was further argument and PS drove away.


Scene 2: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Day

I went to my nan's house to tell my family that I was going to have a deformed baby. In the living-room/lounge, my nan was sitting on the sofa with my aunt KC, and another family member (unrecalled). I was about to tell them the news, when I decided it would be better if I stood outside in the front garden and shouted it through the living-room window. I went outside. It was sunny and the flowers were in bloom. I shouted: 'My baby will be deformed' through the window.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.


TIME: 07:00 - 15:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dream Information:

  • I have been to this residents car park in Thorpe, Norwich when visiting an acquaintance, DSA with EB
  • PS is my ex-boyfriend
  • I 'met' JCD on a Lucid Dreaming page and got to know him via personal messaging. He has autism and can be quite demanding due to his limited social circle, which is mainly people online he has never met in person. He blocked me on Facebook after I asked him to stop harassing me and trying to guilt-trip me over not being available to chat. He could not accept that I have a social life outside of Facebook and did not cope well with me reminding him that I need space and cannot be available to him all day every day (see *Recalled Dream Scene, below)

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • PS as a dream character
  • Cannabis
  • My Nan's house in Sheringham as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • The day of this dream I read a news article about Amy Winehouse (my favourite singer) in which her dad was cited as saying she had thought she might be pregnant at the time of her death. I saw that some online readers had left comments asking why she had drunk alcohol if she thought she was pregnant
  • On 14 August 2015 DL and I watched Precious (2009) in which the main character gives birth to a baby with Downs Syndrome following an incestuous rape by her father
  • About a week before this dream I had read an article about a woman who was born as the result of incestuous rape of her mother by her grandfather (i.e. the mother's father) - in which she listed all of her genetic conditions/illnesses
  • On 1 August 2015 I had seen a pregnant woman smoking a cigarette in the street and told DL that I thought it was disgraceful and negligent that she had not quit smoking for the sake of her baby
  • The day of this dream I was thinking about a woman from the Lucid Dreaming page on Facebook. She had acted erratically and embarrassed herself by disclosing her personal information on the page and then fighting with other members. She had been a friend of JCD, but had ended up blocking him (possibly because he was too clingy). The thoughts of her would have led to me thinking of him, as I was first aware of her and her problems because he had disclosed them to me in private message, just prior to her online outburst (see *Recalled Dream Scene, below)

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream did not leave me with any specific waking thoughts or emotions, although I woke up very confused, thinking it was Monday, when it was in fact Sunday. My head felt very cloudy and befuddled!

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall them later I will record them below.

* Recalled Dream Scene (16 August 2015, 20:08 hours)
At some point in the dream - I am not sure when - I realised that a former Facebook friend, JCD, had tried to re-add me as a friend on Facebook. In the dream, although the 'friend request' was on Facebook, I saw JCD before me, in 3-dimensional physical space - although I am not sure where we were. I cannot recall any conversation. He looked the same as in his Facebook profile. 
Memory Trigger: I was on my Facebook profile when the memory of this dream scene suddenly came to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment