Tuesday 15 September 2015

Dream 499

'The New Chucky Doll'
Dream date: 12 September 2015

Day 5 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream
This is Day 5 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment and contains all relevant links.

Scene 1: Outside the Drama Studio at University - Day
The majority of this dream took place in the area directly outside the Drama Studio at my university. It was a short dream and I cannot recall much of it because I was drunk when I went to sleep and I woke up with a slight hangover. Alcohol affects your ability to recall any dreams you may have while under the influence.

It was a hot sunny day and the sky was very blue. I was aware that a company was remaking the Good Guy Dolls - in particular, one called 'Chucky' - I was thinking about the Child's Play movie franchise, and even though I knew (in the dream) that these were just movies I was incredibly uneasy about the idea that Chucky was going to be made into an actual doll and sold to children. I was handed one of the dolls in a box - by a male dream character in a business suit, who worked for the company producing the new Good Guy/Chucky Dolls. He came from the Drama Studio, which was the headquarters for the factory making the dolls. He said: 'They don't need batteries now, they are digital'. This made me feel even more uncomfortable, as I felt that this might lead to the Chucky Dolls coming to life. I then looked at a bush, to the side of the entrance to the Drama Studio, and saw one of the Good Guy/Chucky Dolls standing amongst the leaves. It was clearly alive and seemed to be acting with free will as it saw me looking at him and waved - and was moving, or at least able to move autonomously, as if it were alive. The businessman dream character asked me what was wrong, and I said: 'Chucky's alive!' to which he said: 'No, it's in the box'. I told him I did not mean the one I was holding - and pointed to the one in the bushes, but it was no longer there. The businessman (who had obviously not seen the alive doll in the bushes - he was standing on the steps at the entrance, so was slightly behind/to the side of the bushes) said: 'Oh, that's just the way they are programmed'. 

I cannot remember anything else about this dream.

TIME: 02:30 - 10:50 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Tholey's Combined Technique
  3. Dream Incubation methods
  4. Dream Visualisation methods
  • I drank a considerable quantity of alcohol prior to going to bed and having this dream

Dream Information:
  • I used to have a real fear of Chucky from Child's Play, because I watched the movies when I was too young and found them disturbing. My Masters (LLM) thesis was on the lasting legal legacy of the James Bulger Murder - one aspect of this case was the fact the Childsplay movies were blamed as one of the triggers for the horrific crime which was committed by 2 10-year old boys, Robert Thompson & Jon Venables who were said to have committed acts (not all revealed in the public domain due to their sensitive nature) which were influenced by the killing of the Chucky doll in Child's Play 3 (1991)

Dreamsigns:
  • The fact Chucky from the Child's Play movies appeared in this dream

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • I have had previous dreams throughout my life involving Chucky from Child's Play

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I cannot quite remember correctly if someone recently told me that there is a forthcoming remake - or sequel - to the Child's Play movies

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I didn't really have any strong emotions regarding this dream as it was not particularly scary - unlike previous dreams which have involved Chucky from Child's Play. I would not define this dream as a nightmare, although in the dream I was disturbed by the presence of the Chucky doll and disliked the fact it was being produced.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream does not seem in any way related to my dream incubation experiment or Kurt Cobain!

No comments:

Post a Comment