Wednesday 21 October 2015

Dream 510

'Unwanted Baby'
Dream date: 12 October 2015

Scene 1: Interior of a House (Time Unknown)
I was in an interior of a house - not one which I can recognise from real-life, but it felt familiar in the dream, although I did not see enough details to describe it, other than to say it was well-lit and there was dark red velvet furniture in the room. There were various members of my family around, including my mum.

I was naked - at least my torso and midsection was. I did not feel ashamed or uncomfortable. I could see my body in the third-person - I may have been looking at my reflection in a mirror. Although my body had not changed (from what it looks like in real-life), I was aware that I was pregnant and that I did not want to be. It wasn't that I didn't want a baby at all - just that the timing was wrong and I was planning to go away on a holiday with (an unseen, unnamed male) and did not want to be pregnant at this time. I was asking if it was possible to stop being pregnant for a few weeks to adjust to the situation and then make a decision when I came back from the holiday. My family were telling me that this was not possible, but it might be possible to ask a doctor to 'freeze' the size of the baby so that it stopped growing for a while and I could forget about it until I was ready to continue. I felt a bit stressed and anxious about the situation and the decision I would have to make.

I went over to a table in the room and saw there were some packages on the table - which were meant for me. I opened one of them, which was wrapped in brown paper. It was from my nan and contained Japanese ingredients and sushi. I felt pleased.

Scene 2: A Residential Street (Day)
I was then standing on a normal residential street (not one I recognise from real-life). My nan was a few steps in front of me. She turned around and started screaming. She did not seem upset or angry and I could not make out what she was screaming. Her face was contorted into a grimace - but I did not sense negative emotions or a dangerous situation. I felt calm and viewed this as ordinary behaviour.

TIME: 23:00 - 08:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE


Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • Being pregnant

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I regularly see feminist articles about how childless women should not be questioned about their decisions or stance regarding reproduction or fertility - as well as many pro-life v pro-choice debates online - almost on a daily basis. The fact I am a female who is often asked questions about my plans to reproduce and take an interest in other women's views on the topic, this may have influenced this dream
  • This dream took place shortly before my birthday - hence the packages - in real-life, my mum had sent me a brown envelope which contained all of my birthday cards, including one from my nan. This was on my kitchen table downstairs in real-life, at the time I had this dream
  • My nan knows I love Japanese culture and cuisine and often buys me sushi 

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I didn't have any particular waking thoughts or emotions about this dream as I do not see the subject matter (fertility and motherhood) as particularly problematic in my waking life. It may also be that my birthday was approaching, which made this subject emerge in my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment