Sunday 15 November 2015

Dream 512

'Attacked by Zombie Students in Laundrette'
Dream date: 11 November 2015

Scene 1: The Laundrette at University - Time Unknown
I was in the laundrette at university and was aware that I had not adequately responded to a call from a group of students I am responsible for in my real-life job in student support/welfare. I was aware that the group of students were angry with me and wanted to find and attack me. I was with a colleague (unseen, but someone I work with in real-life) and we were trying to work out how best to deal with the situation. I was looking at either a mobile phone or a laptop screen - I think I was reading emails from the group of students - trying to decide if it was too late to hold a flat meeting to resolve any issues. 

Suddenly, the laundrette was attacked by the students - a mix of male and female, home and international students, all screaming and acting violently. I noticed that they were all zombies and although I felt scared by the sheer number of them, the noise and the flailing limbs, the fact they were zombies did not add any extra fear to the situation - I accepted this and thought that my lack of positive action or assistance had contributed to them being zombies. I was trying to push them out of the door of the laundrette and barricade it with my body weight, but the situation was useless as there were far too many zombie students to hold off. 

Scene 2: Outside Environment - Day
I was outside and it was sunny. I think I was still on my university campus, but I am not sure. There was someone with me - a male dream character - but I cannot remember who it was or how I knew him. I was reading a newspaper, which someone had given to me and ordered me to read. I turned immediately to one of the inside pages. Halfway down the page I saw that there was a short article about RBA, with no pictures. In the text his name, RBA, was scribbled out and 'Ol' Dirty' was written in over top, amending it (I think in pencil, but the font looked like Helvetica, which I noticed specifically in the dream, as this was a different font to the rest of the text). The editorial said words to the effect of: 'RBA Ol' Dirty is considered the best Scotch rapper in England' and then it provided a complaints hotline phone number for anyone wanting to make a complaint about him. I was laughing.

TIME: 02:30 - 09:30 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:
  • RBA is a friend of mine, who is Scottish and involved in hip hop music. I had recently seen him when I was visiting Glasgow for a legal conference
Dreamsigns:
  • All the students were zombies

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • Earlier that day I had been talking about zombies - I am fascinated by zombies
  • In the preceding days I had a number of conversations with work colleagues about the challenges or working in student support/welfare
  • I was aware of a lot of laundry which I had to do - and my friend/colleague FV had mentioned he was going to the laundrette earlier on the day of this dream
  • RBA and I had been chatting online and exchanging insults - I had referred to him as 'Scotch' to wind him up
  • RBA and I had a conversation about my love of fonts/typefaces
  • I had been thinking about Ol' Dirty Bastard (1968 - 2004), a former (now deceased) member of Wu Tang Clan just before this dream

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This was not a nightmare, even though I was being attacked by zombies wanting to hurt me. I found it interesting how my conversation with RBA continued into my subconscious mind/dream - showing a desire to 'win' in a battle of mental strength and insults. I think my subconscious went easy on him, however. 

* I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I remember anything else, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment