Sunday 20 December 2015

Dream 533

'French Sailors & Wild Gorillas'
Dream date:  16 December 2015 (Day 16 of Lucid December)

This is Day 16 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: An Interior of  a House - Time Unknown

I was in a random house which was not one I recognised from real-life. There was a male dream character (I think it was someone I know from real-life, but I cannot recall who this was) laying on a sofa which was placed against the wall of the room, which appeared to be a lounge. On a table next to the sofa was a number of white cardboard boxes. I had to take these boxes to a ship and give them to some French sailors. 

Scene 2: A Ship Docked on a Beach - Day
I was then on a beach where there was a massive ship docked on the sand. It was a grey, dark day and the weather was bad - it seemed like it might become stormy. I started walking up the gangplank and I saw myself in third-person perspective. I saw that the top of my head was going bald and my hair was a light brown colour - you could see through the hair to my scalp. I could not see that I was carrying the boxes for the French sailors, who were standing aboard the ship, on the top deck. Someone (I cannot recall who this was) told me to be careful as there was a gorilla roaming around the ship and this was dangerous.

TIME: 03:00 - 11:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place - no WB2B)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 6 (poor)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - no WB2B performed
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked recently
  • 100 mg of 'lucid dream supplement' Vitamin B6 (2 x 50 mg pills, taken at midday and just before sleep)

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • I had light brown hair and I was going bald
  • There was a gorilla on the ship

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • Wild animals posing a threat to my safety

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • None of note

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
No particular waking thoughts and emotions connected with this dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment