Wednesday 23 December 2015

Dream 536

'Snake Man'
Dream date:  21 December 2015 (Day 21 of Lucid December)

This is Day 21 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: An Interior - Time Unknown

I was in an interior scene, although I am not sure where this was. I was with a male dream character who was half-man and half-snake. The snake parts of him were yellow and scaly, but he walked upright on 2 legs, like a normal human. I was supposed to do something with him - I think it was in relation to some business. However, I had double-booked my plans and now could now longer help him, which made him sad and me feel guilty about this. 

The other plans that I had (preventing me from helping SnakeMan) involved counting large numbers. In the dream I had dyscalculia (number dyslexia) (so like in real-life) and I could not do this task at all. I kept making mistakes and it was frustrating me. The numbers were written on white pieces of paper and they were all scattered over the desk I was sitting at. Someone (I cannot recall who) was trying to help me, but they were also confused and frustrated by the task.

TIME: 06:30 - 10:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place - no WB2B)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 4 (extremely poor)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - no WB2B performed
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked recently
  • 100 mg of 'lucid dream supplement' Vitamin B6 (2 x 50 mg pills, taken at midday and just before sleep)

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The half-man/half-snake dream character

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • Every day I have been playing Mortal Kombat on my smartphone - one of the characters I have the most trouble defeating is 'Reptile'
  • I have seen many conspiracy theorists discussing reptilian people on social media
  • I had discussed my dyscalculia the day before this dream took place

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I did not have any particular waking thoughts or emotions about this dream, although I do think that I remembered more upon waking than I did when recording the dream.

* I think I may have forgotten some of this dream as it seemed that I remembered much more detail immediately upon waking If I recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment