Monday 11 January 2016

Dream 542

'Herding Cyborgs'
Dream date:  31 December 2015 (Day 31 of Lucid December)

This is Day 31 (last day!) of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below. 

Scene 1: A Forest, Location Unknown - Day

I was in a forest with a female dream character (known to me in the dream) - she was white, average height and build, with brown hair. This female (I cannot recall her name) and I were on a mission - to collect some cyborgs from a spaceship (we had guns and other weapons with us, as this was dangerous) and tell them that they were cyborgs. I was carrying a big gun. 

I was aware that I was pregnant - I was wearing baggy army camouflage trousers and a cropped top - and could see I was getting fatter. I did not want a baby and thought that being pregnant might hinder me in the cyborg mission. I kept wishing that I was not pregnant. I am not sure who the father of the baby was supposed to be. The female dream character was telling me to forget about the issue and just focus on the mission - we started running through the forest.

Scene 2: A Pub, Location Unknown - Day
I was then standing in a pub/bar - the cyborg mission had taken place, although I did not experience this happening in the dream, as time skipped forward to after the event. I wondered if I was still pregnant and looked down at my belly. I discovered I was - although not obviously so to anyone else but me. 

I cannot remember what happened, but something made me cry - I was hysterical. At the same time, I thought: 'In real-life I haven't cried like this in years!'

TIME: 02:30 - 10:30 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: PRE-LUCID - I recognised that the events of the dream were different from 'real-life', although I did not become consciously aware that I was dreaming
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 4 (very poor)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - no WB2B performed
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked recently
  • No Vitamin B6 taken

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • Cyborg mission
  • I was pregnant

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • Cyborgs/androids/space
  • An unwanted baby/surprise to be pregnant

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • None of note

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
There were no specific waking thoughts or emotions linked to this dream.

* I have forgotten some of this dream, but if I recall anything further, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment