Thursday 28 January 2016

Dream 554

'I Can't Text!'
Dream date: 24 January 2016 (Afternoon Sleep)

Day 14 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment
This is Day 14 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment. 

Scene 1: An Interior, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was in a domestic interior, unknown to me in real-life, although it felt familiar in the dream. I was with AM (a Facebook friend), although he looked slightly different in the dream - his hair was curly. I was on a date with AM and the fact surprised me as I had not considered that this would happen (in the dream I was aware I had met him on Facebook). AM and I were sitting on a bed in this room, indicating that it was probably a bedroom, although I cannot recall much about the surroundings other than this. AM was telling me about his children (AM has children in real-life). 

I then received a text from my boss, DT, angry with me, because I was supposed to start work at 04:00 hours (4:00 am) and I had failed to do so. I was stressed and panicked, and decided that I should text DT with an excuse about why I had not started work on time. I thought the best excuse would be that I had been in hospital. I tried to text on my smartphone, but I could not use the touchscreen and all the words were nonsense. I said to AM: 'I need a burner phone. The only phone I can use is a Nokia 3310'. AM said that he would text the excuse to DT on my behalf and took the phone from me. I started waving my hands in the air, saying: 'Yeah! 3310!' and felt very excited about the thought of this basic old-fashioned mobile phone. AM showed me the text he had composed. It said: 'I don't care!' I was annoyed, because this was not a good text to send my boss when I had missed work and needed to remain on good terms with him. I said to AM: 'You're not helping!' and took the phone from him, trying my best to write a meaningful text to DT, at the same time feeling annoyed that AM had tried to send a rude text knowing I was stressed. 

I am not sure how the text incident resolved, because AM and I then left the room and went into the hallway. The hallway had tables and chairs. My mum was sitting on a chair, with her back to a staircase. In front of her was a glass table. Other people were sitting around the table. My mum said proudly: 'My daughter has a black boyfriend!' She was smiling. I said: 'No, he's Asian' but my mum simply said: 'You're children will be mixed race' (this would always be true, regardless of their father, because I am mixed-race myself). I walked over the AM who was sitting adjacent to where my mum had been sitting, with 2 young males, dressed in urban clothing. I knew these males were Facebook friends, involved in the hip hop scene, but I could not put a name to their faces in the dream. I wondered who they were. AM said: 'I need to go with the boys to sort something out, but I will be back in a minute'. I tried to stop him going, because I felt that he was abandoning me, but he reassured me that he would return shortly. He got up, and he and the 2 male dream characters walked through a double-set of glass doors, which were just behind where he had been sitting. 

Scene 2: A Canal, Location Unknown - Day
I was then with AM again, although he became RBA shortly after I realised AM had returned. One minute I was thinking 'he's back like he said he would be' and the next moment I looked at him and realised he was RBA. We were beside a canal in a suburban or rural area. I could see houses and trees in the surrounding area. The weather was sunny and bright. We started to walk up a small flight of stairs by the side of the canal, while discussing the singer Jessie J. RBA said she was 'pretty but stupid' and I agreed that she was stupid, but said 'her face looks like a robot'.

TIME:  17:00 - 20:30 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Tholey's Combined Technique
  3. Dream Incubation methods
  4. Dream Visualisation methods
  5. NO Vitamin B6 taken
  6. NO Reality Checks
  7. No WB2B

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • I was unable to text on a smartphone
  • AM became RBA

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • RBA as a dream character
  • Fear of loss/abandonment as a dream theme

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I may have seen AM post something on Facebook although I am not sure
  • RBA had told me around the time of this dream that he was unwell (flu)
  • I may have seen something about Jessie J online, but I cannot remember for certain - I know I saw an article about her after I woke up from the dream, but I may have also seen it prior to this sleep and just not remembered it clearly

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

There were no specific waking thoughts or emotions connected to this dream, although I did think it was a very weird dream. Even though nothing very bizarre or odd happened, the feeling of the dream was unusual. I experienced extreme confusion and panic in the dream and I also felt a very strong connection to AM.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream does not in any way appear to be related to the theme of my Dream Incubation Experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment