Monday 1 February 2016

Dream 557

'Bad Hotel'
Dream date: 31 January 2016

Scene 1: The Two Lifeboats Hotel, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in the Two Lifeboats Hotel, Sheringham - which used to be managed by my Mum, and where I used to work as a teenager. I was waitressing and my mum was the head chef in the dream (reflecting real-life). I went into the restaurant area, which was full of diners. I was about to collect the bill and payment from a table in the corner (behind the door). There was a middle-aged white male and and female - both dressed in white. They handed me their bill which was on an A4 piece of paper and looked like a typed invoice which had been amended by someone in blue biro ink (so prices had been added and deducted from the amount, making it confusing). I said I would go and sort this out. 

I went into the kitchen and showed my mum the bill. She said she had written on it to make additions/deductions and she would sort it out. The kitchen was very hot and busy. Where the fryers would be (in real-life at the time I worked in this establishment), there was a doorway, which led to a passageway. A young white male was standing in the doorway (I will call him AAB for ease of reference). He was wearing a yellow T-shirt. He beckoned me to follow him, and ran off down the passageway. I chased him, but could not keep up and he seemed to disappear ahead of me. 

I found that I was running down a hallway which has a deep red carpet and red velvet drapes. Historical relics were mounted on the walls - I cannot say exactly what they were other than they looked like medieval brass/gold weapons, such as axes and swords. I saw a staircase - also carpeted in red - in front of me. Leaning over a bannister at the top of the staircase was a young man with black hair. I then realised I was being chased by a similar-looking man. The dream character male at the top of the stairs (the one leaning over the bannister) was trying to grab me as I ran up the stairs, chased by his fellow male dream character. They were 'working together' to catch me. I ran as fast as I could and managed to avoid being caught by either. I ran into a large room at the top of the stairs, although the hallway had a number of doors leading to rooms. The room I entered was a huge ballroom with a dance floor. I ran onto the dance floor (I cannot recall seeing anyone dancing, but I think music was playing). Both the males leapt to the ground, so they were on the floor by my feet, and both grabbed at my legs. Almost immediately, a male security officer came over (wearing a uniform) and removed the 2 male dream characters by hauling them up from the floor and marching them off out of the room. I then decided to leave myself.

I went into the next room, which was a bedroom, with a table beside one of the beds. which was actually a bunkbed, but a double-sized one. I was sitting on the bed when the male dream character (AAB) came into the room. He put what I thought was some cannabis down on the table beside the bed - and I knew this was for me. He said something to me, and I noticed he had a Scottish accent. I said: 'You are Scottish?' and he said: 'I learnt it from my boss...' I wondered if he meant RBA. 

I followed AAB out onto the concrete roof terrace of the hotel, after climbing up a short flight of metal steps. It was a hot, sunny day and the sky was blue. I was aware that we were high up, but I could see very little of the scenery around us, other than a basketball court, which was a short distance away, on the same level/height as the rood terrace. AAB laid down on some concrete while I sat nearby. He told me he wanted to 'Netflix and chill' with a girl he was interested in/in a relationship with, but he did not have a subscription. I said: 'You can buy a subscription for £54, but it costs £17 if you want a fake one...' AAB said he 'wanted a fake one'. He was joined by a blonde female dream character who laid down on the concrete next to him and started embracing/kissing him. I thought I should leave them alone to be intimate without my presence interrupting them.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream at present.

TIME: 19:00 - 01:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • My Mum and I were back working in the Two Lifeboats Hotel
  • The kitchen of the hotel had a different layout - with a doorway/passage where the cooking equipment would be
  • The chase scene and following events

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My Nan's house as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had been in Sheringham earlier in the day and my Mum, Nan and I had lunch in a local restaurant
  • A very short time before this dream I had been reading a thread on Facebook about a company which promised a very cheap trial of a revolutionary anti-ageing cream, although the small-print at the bottom indicated that this was a deceptive advert (the cheap price of £4.95 was for postage and packaging - if you didn't like the product you had to return it within 14 days - which was actually 13 days on the way the company calculated it - or be charged £85.95 per month) - the terms and conditions were very confusing to the average consumer
  • The day before this dream, at a family party, I had got some cannabis
  • The day before this dream - at the party - I had been approached by my cousin's best friend (aged 18 years old) who was drunk and very persistent in his affections towards me, which led to my male cousins telling him it was inappropriate, although we all recognised it was a harmless teenage crush on his best friend's older cousin - however, one cousin (JC1) had warned this male to 'take his hands off his cousin's leg'
  • The day before this dream my uncle was telling us that he had a Netflix subscription and my mum was recommending he watch Making a Murderer (2015)
  • The day of this dream, my Mum, Nan and I saw IE, a Scottish friend of my Mum, who comes from Glasgow and has a much stronger Glaswegian accent than my friend RBA, who has a pretty strong accent himself (a lot of people would find it impossible to understand IE's accent, but we are very used to it)

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was really interesting as I wanted to know AAB more (he seemed like a really nice person) and I also wanted to explore the hotel as well.

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall them later, I will record them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment