Wednesday 3 February 2016

Dream 559

'Come Dine With Me Attempted Rape'
Dream date: 2 February 2016

Scene 1: Unknown Interior - Time Unknown
I was in an unknown interior - a domestic location, which I guess was someone's house, based on the context of this dream, which all seemed to take place in the same building. I was with a group of dream characters who were all contestants on the dinner party competition show, Come Dine With Me. Two of the contestants were arguing - it transpired that as soon as the line-up of contestants for this particular show had been announced, one of them - a blonde female in her 20s or 30s - had started to harass another of them - a male of a similar age - on Twitter. She had been bombarding him with tweets, some of which were flirtatious. This annoyed him. He was shouting at the female: 'You did it after 5 minutes!' 

I then saw the 'host' contestant for that night's dinner party, in his kitchen, preparing food. He was a tall male with ginger hair. He had a very strange body shape - fat around the middle, but with long, skinny arms and legs and a very shrunken, misshaped and lumpy head, with a double-chin. He was jumping around the kitchen in a very energetic way.

I then saw this male contestant leave the kitchen and go upstairs. I assume that this was his house, given he was the host of that night's dinner party. He entered a bedroom which was very nicely decorated/furnished in red velvet and gold. On a very ornate double-bed was a young Chinese woman, wearing a French Maid's outfit. She was sitting with her legs crossed at the ankles. The ginger male character pulled her off the bed by her feet and then chased her around the room, shouting: 'Rape! Rape!' The female did not seem scared, but was alarmed - there was the element of slapstick comedy about the incident and I felt uneasy, hoping that the male would fall down or hurt himself in some way, allowing the female to escape. They ran round and round the bed in circles, but both were laughing. 

TIME: 21:00 - 23:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • My Mum and I were back working in the Two Lifeboats Hotel
  • The kitchen of the hotel had a different layout - with a doorway/passage where the cooking equipment would be
  • The chase scene and following events

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My Nan's house as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I fell asleep and had this dream whilst watching an episode of Come Dine With Me on my laptop. The Channel 4 online catch-up channel is set to autoplay the next episodes, so this show would have been playing throughout my sleep/dream, and indeed, I woke up to find it was still playing
  • I have been reading reports/seeing images online of the Zika virus, a symptom of which is the birth of children with shrunken, misshapen heads. My mum and I also had a conversation about this

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This was a very strange dream! I think it was largely the result of day residue, as described above.

No comments:

Post a Comment