Sunday 6 March 2016

Dream 575

'Meeting Ian Brady'
Dream date: 4 March 2016

This is Day 5 of my Dream Incubation Experiment - and a successful dream incubation! You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE.

Scene 1: My Nan's House in Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in my Nan's house in Sheringham. I was talking to some members of my family - or at least some dream characters who I cannot recall specifically. I went into my Nan's front room - her formal room where she keeps her favourite possessions. The room was quite dark. Sitting under the window, in a chair was serial killer Ian Brady, the Moors murderer and notorious serial killer or children. Brady was unwell - he had a cold or a viral infection of some kind. He looked young - the age he had been at the time of the murders/his trial (so in his 20s). Brady demanded I give him some tissues, which I did (so he could blow his nose). I was then told by a member of my family (standing behind me as I stood facing the seated Brady) that Brady was moving in to my Nan's house and I would have to look after him as I would be his carer. I was disappointed and frustrated by this, as I disliked Brady so much and thought he was pure evil (I was fully aware of who he was and the fact he was a serial killer).

Please note that I was not aware (while in the dream) that this was a successful dream incubation - I wasn't triggered to recognise that I was dreaming of a serial killer because of my Dream Incubation Experiment, nad I did not become lucid. Had I realised I was meeting Brady as part of a dream incubation, this might have prompted a reality check and lucidity.

Scene 2: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was then somewhere (I cannot recall where at all) with the UK rapper, Giggs (Nathaniel Thompson). He looked like Giggs and I was calling him 'Giggs' but from the conversation, I was aware that he was actually another UK rapper, Klashnekoff (Darren Kandler), who used to be part of a group called Terra Firma. I knew Giggs was actually Klashnekoff because while I was talking to this dream character I referred to a real-life incident (a gig I attended in Cambridge with PS, where LRB, a friend of PS, was a support act). I was reminding Giggs/Klashnekoff about this gigs and the fact that PS used to own a hip hop video promotion channel. I cannot recall what else happened in this scene.

Scene 3: The Two Lifeboats Hotel, Sheringham - Day
It was a Sunday and it was in the summer, or at least it was tourist season in Sheringham. My Mum and I were back working at the Two Lifeboats Hotel, the pub my Mum used to manage (and where I worked) during my childhood and teenage years. I was begging my Mum to let me work a shift as it was very busy and I wanted to earn some tips. The pub/restaurant was a lot bigger and looked very posh in the dream, with white table cloths and pink decorations. My Mum did not want me to work, but I managed to persuade her. I then was working a shift as a waitress. I cannot recall exactly what happened during this part of the dream. I then became aware (in a panic) that I had left some belongings under the long table of customers I had just served with their food. My Mum was telling me to forget about the possessions, but I was adamant that I wanted to retrieve them, as it was important to me. I had to crawl under the table, through the legs of the diners to find a carrier bag underneath there - in the bag were 3 skirts, all mine. Something had happened to the skirts, but I cannot recall what exactly. I was pleased to get them back, however.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream, although I know there was far more action and events in Scene 3.

TIME: 02:00 - 10:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: SUCCESSFUL DREAM INCUBATION (RELEVANT THEME)

Dream Information:

  • Ian Brady and his girlfriend Myra Hindley (see below for their mugshots) were carried out 5 murders (some with sexual elements) of children (aged between 10 - 17 years) in the Greater Manchester area between 1963 - 1965. They went to trial in 1966. They buried the bodies on the Moors. Please click on THIS LINK to visit the Wikipedia page which provides full information about Brady and Hindley and their crimes

Dreamsigns:
  • Meeting Ian Brady in a dream
  • My Mum and I were working in the Two Lifeboats Hotel again, although it looked slightly different

Recurrent Dream Themes:

  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • A couple of days before this dream I had been reading about Ian Brady. Ian Brady was originally from Glasgow. On the day of this dream I had messaged RBA, making a joke about him being Scottish and had also referred to him in my Dream Journal entry, written shortly before. Hindley, and later on Brady as well, lived with Hindley's Nan in her council house (the way I live with my Nan, when not at university)
  • Ian Brady was ill in the dream and needed tissues for a cold/flu - DL had told me earlier on the day of this dream that he was unwell with a cold. Ian Brady is currently under a hospital order in Broadmoor Hospital, so I associate him with poor health (he is diagnosed as being at risk to his safety as a result of insanity, preventing him from being transferred to a normal prison, where he is likely to starve himself to death in accordance with his desire to end his life (in Broadmoor he can legally be force fed, which he claims is against his human rights). I also think of him as being 'sick and twisted'
  • I had been reading about super injunctions for my legal research - footballer Ryan Giggs is notorious for obtaining a super injunction against the media, preventing them from disclosing his extra marital affair, which led to him being a figure of ridicule and gossip
  • Klashnekoff most popular track is called 'Murda'
  • The day of this dream I had watched a Youtube video in which Nic Haste from Pixiwoo was showing off a skirt she was wearing to a celebrity event. I remember thinking she looked sexy in the skirt and had flawless legs
  • '3' may be a reference to the Youtube video I made the day I had this dream, where I discussed 3 techniques for dream control
Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This was a very exciting dream experience as it was a (very early) success, even though I met a serial killer, rather than dreaming that I was the serial killer myself. I take this as a massively positive indication that my Dream Incubation Experiment is already proving to be successful.

* I have forgotten some parts of this dream, but if I remember anything else I will record it below.


No comments:

Post a Comment