Tuesday 5 April 2016

Dream 602

'Giving Art Advice to Kanye West'
Dream date: 4 April 2016

This is Day 36 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE

Scene 1: Interior (Location Unknown) - Day

I was in an interior scene - it felt like my Nan's living-room, but it wasn't because the furniture was completely different and I was aware I was in someone else's house. It was just that the shape and size of the room (and position of the doors and windows) were the same as my Nan's house. The  2 dream characters I was with were not people I know in real-life - they were middle-aged women, very ordinary looking. I was sitting down on a sofa and they were behind me, sitting or standing. They were telling me that the young girl who also lived in the house was causing them trouble because she was painting evil pictures. I cannot recall how the problem was described to me, but basically, the child had painted pictures which they believed showed that she was evil inside. I then saw the young girl - she was about 8 years old and had her hair in 2 long blonde braids. She had her art book with her. She sat down next to me and started we started to look through the book together. There was a different painting on each page. The one which caught my attention was painted in green and brown, but I cannot recall what the painting was of. However, I thought it was amazing - in the dream, I likened it to Pablo Picasso's Guernica (1937) and believed that the painting made by the young girl had significant political meaning. I said to the 2 middle-age women: 'She's a genius and these paintings could be in an art gallery'. I was very excited about having discovered a new artistic genius. The 2 women were denying the child's genius, still believing the paintings to be a sign of her evil. I was praising the child and telling her that she: 'Painted war better than any adult'.

Scene 2: The Kardashian-West Family Home (UK) - Day
I was then in a very modest cottage, which looked like it was made out of wood. I was in the kitchen, which was a very small room with a rustic wooden table and chairs in the middle, some kitchen appliances (still rustic looking, not modern) and a few shelves/overhead cupboards on the wall. Everything was a pastel, powder blue colour, or natural wood. There was a sink behind where I was sitting at the table, next to Kanye West, who was leaning back in his chair, so the front 2 legs were off the floor (stone floor). Kanye was wearing a black hooded top and black leather trousers - the kind of outfit he might typically be pictured in. Kanye was telling me that this was the new family home as he and Kim wanted a very small, countryside house to raise their family. I was quite surprised by how basic and bare-looking the cottage was. It didn't look like the Kardashian-Wests had moved any of their own possessions into the cottage (which was far too small for a family of 4 - even before considering these are flamboyant and materialistic celebrities!). I said to Kanye: 'I know you must get asked this a lot, but are you just an ordinary Dad when you're at home?' (I meant: do you take care of the kids in the way a normal non-celebrity dad might?). Kanye, still leaning back in his chair, put his hands behind his head, raising his elbows and smiled. He said: 'Yes, we play normal games and I read books with North'. 

Kanye then asked me if I wanted to see North's new playroom, so I said I did. He led me into the adjoining room, which was larger than the kitchen, and very light and airy with white walls. The room was completely bare - there was nothing in the room at all. I complimented the room, and we went back into the kitchen. I noticed there was a large space on the wall, where there were no shelves/cupboards or any other fitting/fixture. I pointed and said to Kanye: 'You should get a Guernica for that space' and then I thought again and changed my mind (because I realised that this was a country cottage and the art work should reflect that style) and said: 'No get one of Andy Warhol's flower paintings'. Kanye seemed to think this was a great idea and agreed with me.

There was a reference to socks, but I am not sure if this was part of this scene, or the next. I cannot recall any details, other than I saw a pair of socks up close and there was a conversation.

Scene 3: An Interior (Location Unknown) - Day
I was then in a different interior, which was a small room, with typical lounge-furniture. The room was quite dark. There was a sofa which was adjacent to one of the walls of the room and I was sitting on this sofa with 2 other male dream characters (unrecalled). Behind us was the front entrance to the house. I think we were studying or discussing homework or similar. We then saw a massive bee (about the size of a tennis ball) on the wall next to us. One of the dream characters screamed and jumped up, saying: 'This times it's bees!' - I was aware that there had previously been a problem in this house with over-sized spiders. I looked at the bee to make sure it definitely was a bee, not a spider. It was a bee - it was flying, and hitting the wall repeatedly, as if it thought it could pass through. We all jumped up from the sofa, and I said: 'I'll deal with it'. My plan was to catch the bee and let it outside the house. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 01:00 - 09:30 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • Meeting Kanye West, who lived in a modest cottage in the UK

Recurrent Dream Themes:

  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • The day of this dream I put my own hair into cornrows
  • The day of this dream I had considered visiting an art gallery over the next few days
  • A few days before this dream, I had seen a riverside cottage while out walking with DL and mentioned (like I do with all houses I like the look of) that I would like to live there one day
  • A couple of says before this dream I had been listening to UK underground hip hop act, Rhyme Asylum, in particular, their track about cannabis, 'Smoke Screens & Pipe Dreams' from their album State of Lunacy (2008). I have met the members of Rhyme Asylum at various UK hip hop shows/events, and member Possessed is a friend of RBA. This is the background to a strange conversation I had with an old man who was out walking his dog. I had been out so that I could smoke a spliff in the sunshine and was listening to the RA track through my phone speakers, when I was approached by the old man, asking me for directions 'to the horses'. At the point he spoke to me, Possessed's verse on the RA track was playing. After I gave directions to the man, he asked: 'That's not that terrible Kanye West, is it?' (he obviously recognised it was hip hop, but not the fact that the rapper had a London accent!) For a joke, I said 'Yes'. The old man then moaned about Kanye, pointing at my phone saying: 'He doesn't make sense...' To further confuse the situation, I said: 'Oh he's a friend of a friend, I've met him before'. The old man didn't even seem surprised or shocked by this, he just said: 'I bet he's full of himself', to which I said: 'You wouldn't even recognise him, he's a tall lean white guy from London. 'Mary Jane' [citing Possessed's reference which had just played on the track] must have been his girlfriend before Kim Kardashian...' I'm not sure if the old man even questioned what I had said, but it made me laugh, so I posted about this incident on my Facebook
  • Kanye West's most recent - and highly publicized album was called The Life of Pablo (2016) - which may be the reason this dream also contained a reference to Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)
  • On the day of this dream I had eaten some honey - and a few days before had been discussing the different types of bees with DL
Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, and I have forgotten quite a large amount of the end of the dream, as there was definitely another scene, or some further action about Scene 3. However, I did quite enjoy this dream, as it was really nice to be with Kanye in his cottage - he was a very pleasant dream character to speak with!

* I have definitely forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else later, I will record it below.


*Recalled Dream Scene (6 April 2016 at 00:35 hours)
I was in a supermarket  - it seemed like a larger version of the Sainsbury's in Sheringham. I was walking down the canned food aisle when I saw PM - a male who was in the year below me at school. I once had a dream in which PM appeared, but I could not recall his name after waking up and had to ask my Facebook friends to identify who I meant. I seemed to 'remember' this in the dream, because I thought: 'It's PM! I remember his name this time!' It seemed that PM might work in the supermarket, as he was dressed in a uniform making him look like a shop assistant. He was leaning back against the shelf of canned foods. I started talking to him, and it turned out he was married, but wanted an affair with me. I was considering this, and felt tempted.
*Memory Trigger: I was re-watching my favourite documentary, Black Tar Heroin (1999) when I saw a scene involving one of the subjects, Jake (a blonde male heroin addict and rent boy who was diagnosed with HIV during the course of filming). This triggered the memory of the forgotten dream scene. I think this is because I had heard Kurt Cobain of Nirvana had used black tar heroin (despite this being the most 'dirty' and cut version of the drug and the fact he could afford better). In Black Tar Heroin, there was also a subject, Alice, who moved to San Francisco from Seattle (where Kurt Cobain lived up until his death) and then re-located back home before moving on to Washington (where Kurt Cobain was born and raised). All of the subjects in the documentary wore 'grunge-style' clothes (as it was filmed in the mid-1990s). PM looked and dressed a lot like Kurt Cobain when we were at school, and, as a musician himself, used to play a lot of Nirvana songs on his acoustic guitar, so I always associate him with Kurt Cobain, as this was what used to make me find him attractive.

Kanye West, The Life of Pablo (2016)

Pablo Picasso, Guernica (1937)

Andy Warhol Flower Paintings (series produced 1964 - 1965)

No comments:

Post a Comment