Tuesday 3 May 2016

Dream 618

'Swan Torture'
Dream date: 2 May 2016

Scene 1: An Exterior Scene (maybe Sheringham?) - Night
I was in a location which I am not able to identify, but I got the impression it was Sheringham, although it did not look like an area which exists in real-life. I was with dream characters (unidentified) who I think were male. It was night. We were in a space at the back of some buildings, and there was a high concrete ledge or platform, which I was sitting on (it was about 3 metres from the street level). I was wearing trainers, as I could see my feet, which were stretched out over the edge of the concrete ledge/platform, which was about the size of an armchair seat. The males were either on the ground level below me, or on the ledge/platform with me. There was a piece of sloping concrete at the side of the ledge/platform. This area reminded me a little of the promenade on Sheringham seafront. 

Two male dream characters approached us. I knew them in the dream. One was a tall white male, and the other was a very short mixed-race male wearing a baby blue tracksuit. These males were trying to get me to come down from the concrete ledge and join them at street level, but I was saying that the ledge was too high for me to get down from (I am scared of heights). I could not find a way to safely get down from the ledge. The short male dream character grabbed both of my feet and tried to pull me down, but I screamed at him to stop, because it was dangerous. I then tried to find a way to get down myself, and realised that the ledge wasn't as high as I thought it was, and I was able to easily place my feet on, and then slide down, the slope (which I noticed was made of orange bricks instead of concrete). I then joined the 2 males - and found myself in a very brightly-lit lift (elevator) with them. 

Scene 2: A Classroom - Time Unknown
I was then in a classroom, preparing some artwork. I was attempting to become a professional artist. However, my art was a series of very badly painted watercolours, which appeared childlike and unskilled. These paintings were spread out on a table in the corner of the room, which was quite dark, with some other dream characters across the other side of the room. One of my pieces of artwork in particular was a figurative painting on A4 paper, with a pink background and grey paint in the foreground. I was painting (badly) some numbers and letters on the pink background. A teacher approached me - a middle-aged female. I took the pink/grey painting over to show her and she said that it wasn't good enough as it was too messy. I screwed the painting up so that it became very creased and then said: 'This is what it is meant to look like!' I felt defiant and confident in my work, even though I knew it wasn't good artwork. 

Scene 3: An Exterior Street Scene (maybe Sheringham?) - Night
I was in a location which I am not able to identify again - at night. I was in a street with a dream character, who I think was my Mum. It was someone known to me in real-life. We were walking through the streets at night, when we came to a pool of water, just outside a tall building. In the water, was a girl - either mixed-race or Chinese (I cannot recall) - who was strangling a swan. For some reason, this presented me and my Mum with a sense of danger, and my Mum told me that we had to run away. We started running away, but stopped after a short distance, and looked behind us, seeing the female swan-torturer chasing us, but at a very slow speed (she was only a few metres away). My Mum told me that 'everything would be OK' and then I became aware that we were in some weird kind of Terminator time paradox - I recognised this within the dream, like the realisation came suddenly to me that these events were similar to those in the Terminator movie canon

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream, but I know this was the final scene before waking.

TIME: 05:30 - 11:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The swan torturer & the Terminator time paradox realisation

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Dream scenes taking place at night
  • Classroom/learning institution 

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • Several days ago - on a Lucid Dreaming Facebook page - I had a conversation (which descended into an argument) with a male who asked if anyone managed to conquer their fear of heights in a dream. I said that I had not - in non-lucid and lucid dreams, I still have a fear of heights
  • The day before this dream I had been watching CinemaSins on Youtube - in particular, those based on the Terminator (1984 - 2015) movie franchise

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream did not seem to contain any of my daily key triggers, but was to some extent influenced by my day residue. 

* I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else later, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment