Friday 20 May 2016

Dream 634

'Ceraphim'
Date: 19 May 2016
Time: 21:00 - 02:30 (I woke up from this dream - naturally)
Type of dream: Dream scene fragment - normal/non-lucid
Dream recall: Minimal recall - very weak

Scene 1: Unknown
All I could see was fizzy or bubbly amber liquid - like beer. It filled my entire field of vision. There was a 'new rule' that all writing or speech had to 'have the sex removed from it'. This meant that we could no longer use male or female names. I had written an article about Michael Cera, but someone (the person in charge/with power) had changed his name to 'seraphim' (or 'ceraphim') so my article no longer made sense, which frustrated me.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The entire dream fragment was a dreamsign

Day Residue: 
  • A couple of days before this dream DL and I had been discussing the idea (proposed by various left wing groups) that we should only ever use the singular 'they' as a pronoun so as to avoid making gender distinctions (implied by 'he' and 'she')
  • The day before this dream I had been watching a video lecture on Sylvia Plath. The professor discussed Ariel (1965) and the fact that Plath had been influenced by Shakespeare's character of Ariel in The Tempest, who has been interpreted as genderless. I think Ariel is possibly the most inspirational collection of poetry ever published
  • In the lecture on Plath, the professor discussed the controversial editing of Ariel by Plath's estranged husband, Ted Hughes (after her suicide) - he changed the order of her original manuscript and omitted some of the poems she had collected
  • In The Tempest, there is a character called Ceres - the day before this dream I had been looking for an online documentary about the dwarf-planet, Ceres

Waking Reactions: None of note - until I remembered some potential day residue, which allowed me to think more deeply about a possible interpretation for this dream which gave it a more multi-layered complex meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment