Tuesday 31 May 2016

Dream 643

'Abducted by Greys'
Date: 30 May 2016
Time: 11:00 - 17:00 (I woke up from this dream - naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior (Location Unknown) - Night
I was in a domestic interior, with a number of dream characters, who were not known to me in real life, but seemed to be my friends in the dream. The room we were in was a downstairs room - a lounge or kitchen (I cannot recall the decor). It was well lit, and there were French windows/doors showing, which I could see through, noting that it was night. There was a strange sound from outside. A small girl (she may have been a child, or just a small female adult) went to investigate. On a tree just outside the French window (which was open a slight gap), or on the outside glass of the window, was a large (the size of a tennis ball) neon glowing snail (in it's shell). It was an orange colour. The female dream character was drawn to the brightly shining snail and tried to reach out to it. Suddenly, as very small (about the size of a 5 year old child) alien - a typical 'Grey' type reached out and grabbed the arm of the female, trying to pull her through the glass to abduct her. Everyone in the room - including myself - were scared and panicked by this. One of the male dream characters ran to the window, grabbed the female and pulled her to safety. We then all started feeling worried and were discussing how the glowing snail was a 'trap' to get one of us to go to the window so the alien could attack. 

Scene 2: A Radio Station (Location Unknown) - Time Unknown
I was in a radio station with a series of other dream characters. We were all to broadcast a radio show of some kind. I was there to discuss some kind of meat, but was unprepared to do so. I told one of my male co-hosts that I did not want to do the radio broadcast. We were sitting in a semi-circle (there were approximately 6 of us in the room, I was the only female). He told me that I would have to do it. I cannot recall what else happened in this scene.

Scene 3: My Bedroom, Norwich (Time Unknown)
I was in my bed, it felt like I was waking up. Something made me decide to practice contouring my face with makeup, so I got out of bed and walked over to my wardrobe, where my makeup is stored, and where my makeup bag is sitting, on the floor. Everything was as it should be in real life. I picked up a compact, which I thought was contour powder/bronzer. I then looked in my makeup bag for the brush I use for applying such makeup. This is a pale blue handled brush, of which I have 2 - one for contour and one for powder/blusher. I saw the larger blusher brush first, then noticed I had 2 more pale blue brushes (I should only have seen one more). I picked the right brush and started to apply contour makeup for my cheekbones. I then noticed that the contour powder/bronzer was actually highlighter, so my face looked overly shiny where I applied the makeup. I realised that this was an expensive makeup product my Mum had recently bought me, so I looked at it closer. The pan of makeup was circular, but concave rather than flat. The mirror inside the lid was not a mirror, but a weird concave shape that looked like a seashell. I noticed I had 'hit pan' already in the highlighter (this means when you get down to the bottom of the container). I was surprised that this had happened after one application of makeup (I would expect such makeup to last for months at least). I also realised that this product was made by Estee Lauder.

There was much more to this dream, but I cannot recall anything else at present, mainly because it was so long and complex, that when I woke up, I was only able to focus on these elements, and the rest was forgotten quickly. If I recall anything else, I will record it below.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The entirety of Scene 1 was a dreamsign

Day Residue: 
  • The day of this dream, there was a lot of coverage about the shooting of Harambe, the gorilla in Cincinnati Zoo, after a 4 year old child fell into the enclosure
  • In the days before this dream I had been reading the recent news on the Madeleine McCann case
  • A few days before this dream I had been watching Mid Morning Matters with Alan Partridge in which Alan Partridge hosts a fictional radio show in my home county. In the main series of I'm Alan Partridge there was an episode (S01E03 - 'Watership Alan') where he antagonises local farmers by making ignorant comments about the BSE crisis affecting cow farming and the beef industry
  • The day of this dream I had been watching Grav3yardgirl videos online. Bunny Meyer has a new makeup palette in collaboration with Tarte Cosmetics. I watched videos which referred to brushes and highlighter - and her contouring/highlighting routine. Bunny had also made a video some time ago about her complaint with an Estee Lauder perfume, which had been changed from its original scent

Waking Reactions: 
I think I have forgotten some details of this dream, as it seemed much longer and more interesting when I woke up from it - and was quite thought provoking. I was actually quite frightened in Scene 1, although I would not necessarily describe it as a nightmare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment