Sunday 12 June 2016

Dream 648

'Hand Scars'
Date: 6 June 2016
Time: 05:00 - 14:30 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm clock)
Type of dream: Moderately vivid dream
Dream recall: Moderate/weak recall

Scene 1: My Nan's House in Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in a relationship with a male I know in real life, but I cannot recall who it was in the dream - it may have been SW. We talked, but I cannot remember what was said - we were standing against a wall inside the house, although I cannot recall details.

I then went downstairs and started talking to my Nan in the lounge. I was standing with my back to the window. My Nan kept pinching the skin on the top of my hands in a really violent way, although I cannot recall what her motive was. I started shouting at her, reminding her of a real-life story, which happened when I was around 12 years of age. 

In real life, I had sprayed an aerosol can of deodorant on the back of each hand because I liked the freezing cold sensation. This caused irritation to the skin (because I sprayed the aerosol only an inch away from my hands, which scabbed over, and I picked the scab off. My Nan had said to me: 'You won't be able to get a job if you cause scars' (Even back then I found this to be an odd way of expressing objection to my experimentation - why not just mention that I might cause permanent scars? would it have been reasonable for an employer to turn down a job applicant on the basis of 2 small scars on their hands, caused in childhood? would anyone want to apply for a job where small scars were discriminated against? did she think I was stupid to believe what she said was a possibility and a legitimate way to scare a young person into not doing something? 

In the dream, I reminded her of this story and used it to say: 'So why are you trying to scar my hands now?!' 

I think that there was more action/events to this dream, but I cannot recall anything else at present. If I recall anything else, I will record it below.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The actions of my Nan in the dream

Day Residue: 
  • SW Facebook messaged me the day before this dream to ask if I was coming up to Sheringham in the near future
  • My Nan (with my Mum) came to visit me in Norwich 2 days before this dream

Waking Reactions: 
I found it weird that this random memory from my childhood appeared in this dream - it was used as a logical way of dealing with the action in the dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment