Sunday 12 June 2016

Dream 649

'WAR!'
Date: 8 June 2016
Time: 03:30 - 13:30 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm clock)
Type of dream: Weak dream
Dream recall: Weak recall

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was in a room which had a yellow light on. I was standing beside a large table with a collection of items on it - they may have been cosmetics. They had black plastic casing and were about the size of a post-it note, approximately.

I was engaged in a long fight/war with my housemate, SH. I cannot recall how this was depicted in the dream, but I was victorious. 

There was more action/events to this dream, but I cannot recall anything else at present. If I recall anything else, I will record it below.

Extra Information: For discussion on the issues regarding SH, see Day Residue section below, where I have described the situation

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Opposition with SH

Dreamsigns: 
  • None of note

Day Residue: 
  • SH and I have a few problems living together because we are so different - she gets stressed easily and favours either giving me the silent treatment or bringing up issues a few days after she has been annoyed by something (she will say 'You created a noise disturbance a few days ago, this meant I couldn't sleep well and I have been exhausted all day because I have so much work to do, I am so busy, I have to get up at 6:30 am...' rather than addressing it when it is actually happening and can be stopped (for example, by her just coming down and saying to me: 'Sorry, but that's a bit noisy, can you reduce the noise a little?'). I am a reasonable person and I would have been apologetic and more than happy to do as she asked (any noise would have been inadvertent, such as the time I took a bath after midnight and didn't realise the running water disturbed her, especially given she is often using the bathroom at midnight anyway, and I had actually waited until she had finished using the bathroom and gone to bed before taking my long bath). This is not to suggest I didn't tolerate her excessive noise, for example when she would invite a group of very loud girls from her course round to my house at random times, then take over the downstairs area and going in and out of the bathroom for hours; or when she would get up at 6:30 am, but instead of respecting the fact I was asleep - as is reasonable as this early time in the morning and slam cupboards and the front door; or when she would be in her room, using headphones to listen to music and sing along tunelessly at the top of her voice, sometimes until midnight, this being audible from both my room on the middle floor and from the bottom floor. I didn't feel strongly enough about the noise disturbances/invasion of my home by screaming girls, to complain to her, but her rank hypocrisy and inability to see her own problematic behaviour aggravated me intensely. If she is really annoyed with me, she will blank me and not respond to me, just leaving the room when I say 'Hi' to her or try to make conversation, simply out of politeness and trying to reduce tension in the house. On the other hand, I am more confrontational and have no problem in directly speaking my mind to most people, especially a housemate/colleague. However, I am aware I can come across as aggressive, so because she is so confrontation-avoidant and uncommunicative, I had to internalise a lot of my issues with her behaviour (she is a lot younger than me, middle-class in contrast to my working-class background, and not as streetwise etc) to the point that my friends were asking me how I was holding my temper (which can be an explosive as an atom bomb if provoked). I was bottling up so much anger and frustration during my time living with SH, but prided myself on remaining calm and amicable, even doing her a favour a couple of days before this dream, after she asked me rudely about whether I was in the house (I was out) on Saturday afternoon, because she had left her keys at home and locked herself out. She was obviously stressed, but the tone of her texts was offhand and negative (with ?? at the end of each question, such as 'are you in the house??' and 'when are you coming back??'). Nonetheless, I came home early as I could to let her in. I have also agreed she can leave some belongings in my house now she has moved out (at the time of recording this dream - she was still living in my house when the dream took place, but I was aware her moving out was very imminent)

Waking Reactions: 
I have forgotten many important elements of this dream, but I wish I could remember them more clearly, as this dream was obviously the result of months of pent-up frustration over the ongoing issues with SH - a release of the tension and perhaps some kind of Freudian wish fulfilment in operation. I am not sure if this dream had physical violence towards SH, but I think that it did. I cannot even remember dialogue however, or exactly how my victory over her was depicted in the dream, which is a shame as I think I would have enjoyed this dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment