Saturday 18 June 2016

Dream 655 (LUCID DREAM)

'Drug Rehab School' (LUCID DREAM)
Date: 17 June 2016
Time: 22:00 - 08:45 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid non-lucid dream with lucid dream
Lucidity: Dream-Initiated Lucid Dream (DILD) with no induction techniques & no Reality Check
Lucid dream control: No control attempted
Lucid dream clarity: Good
Lucid dream stability: Good - hand rubbing technique used
Period of lucidity: Approximately 3 minutes 
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: Drug Rehab School, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in a drug rehab school for heroin addicted young people, which seemed to be located where the train station is in Sheringham. It was dark, but still daytime and I cannot recall much about the location. The school was run by a middle-aged woman, with black hair in a bun at the back of her head. She was white, and tall and skinny. She didn't seem to like me much, and told me that I did not belong at the drug rehab school, because I was not a drug addict. All the students/junkies in the school appeared to be young women or girls. I wanted to stay, but was forced to leave. I decided to go home to my Nan's house in Sheringham, annoyed that I had been forced out of the school. While still in the school, I saw a screen - a TV screen or laptop screen, which had a silvery sparkly image on it - I cannot recall what this image was of, but I wanted to stay to find out what it was, because I was mesmerised by it. I recall sitting outside the school at this point, near the shelters where passengers wait for the train to arrive, so the screen may have been outside. This scene is a little vague, but it seemed significant when I dreamed it. 

Scene 2: A Bedroom (Location Unknown) - Time Unknown
I was then in a bedroom, which was not my own in real life, or one I recognise from real life, but was mine in the dream. There was a double bed in the room, with white sheets and a TV screen. I received a message from EG - someone I had a short, unsatisfying relationship with in the past. I was surprised that EG messaged me out of the blue (on Whatsapp) and explained that he had not been in touch recently because he had been busy. He asked if he could come over to my house and I said he could. When EG arrived, he was no longer a tall black man, but instead looked like a Chinese version of Harry Potter. He looked young and seemed very shy. He sat next to me on the bed. I noticed that the TV screen was now a mirror. 

I instantly became lucid with no need for a reality check - by using EG's altered appearance and the change to the TV screen as dreamsigns.  The lucid dream was clear and fairly stable. EG and I were sitting on the bed, sideways, but leaning back on our elbows, so that our faces were close. I said to EG (consciously, intentionally): 'This is a lucid dream, and you are a dream character!' I was expecting him to deny this, since many dream characters will not accept that they are dream characters within a dream. EG said: 'I don't understand'. I said to him, 'Look!' and poked my finger (index finger) through his forehead - it went through the skin and bone of his skull without problem, like it was made with clay. I said: 'You are a dream character in my lucid dream. I can control what happens to you if I want. You don't even look like EG'. EG then accepted the situation, agreeing with me. He said: 'What should we do in the lucid dream'. I actually wanted to leave the bedroom and EG and go off and have a more interesting lucid dream adventure, but I started losing my clarity at this point, I think because it was taking me a while to decide what to do, just sitting on the bed. I decided to do some lucid dream stabilisation techniques, and decided to get EG to perform some as well. I started rubbing my hand together quickly (my preferred method to stabilise the dream) and instructed EG to do the same, telling him that this was a stabilisation technique. He started copying me. The lucid dream temporarily stabilised, and EG started laughing, telling me that he 'had never had to stabilise someone else's dream before'. I said: 'Most lucid dream characters deny they are in a lucid dream' to which EG responded: 'But you showed me your dreamsigns, so I believe it'. His eyes were very dark and large behind the Harry Potter glasses he was wearing - abnormally so. I just stared at him for a while, wondering what to do next and trying not to get too excited by the fact I was lucid. The lucidity was then lost, and I went back into a normal non-lucid dream.

Scene 3: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Day & Evening

I was at my Nan's house in Sheringham and my Mum and Nan were also present, in the living-room. The doorbell sounded and I came down the stairs to open the door. It looked to be a bright sunny day outside, but I was aware it was nearly Christmas time. On the doorstep was a fat white woman, with shoulder-length black hair. I did not know her. She said she was 'Mandy' and was my cousin HM's aunt (I assumed that she must be HM's aunt on her father's side of the family - a person I may not have met, such as the wife of her father's brother; or perhaps an aunt of her husband). I said I was HM's cousin. My Mum came through then, and seemed to know 'Mandy' (my Mum's best female friend is actually called Mandy). She invited her through to the living-room. There was conversation and time passed. I was sitting on the floor of the living-room, beside the TV, which was on. There was conversation about ice cream and limbs - prosthetic limbs.

I was trying to hum a tune to my Mum, hoping she would be able to recognise the song and tell me what it was called and which band performed it. I kept humming(well saying 'der der der' in what I thought was the right tune) what I thought was an obviously accurate version of the well-known song, but no-one could guess it. My Mum said: 'That sounds like a country and western tune', but I was arguing, saying it didn't - it sounded like a classic song she should know. As I was waking from this dream, I became 'aware' that the track I was thinking of was 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' by a band called 'Knights in White Satin' - of course, it is a composite of 2 different songs - 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' on the album Procol Harum (1967) by Procol Harum and 'Nights in White Satin' on the album of the same name (1967) by Giorgio Moroder. It is completely coincidental that both of these tracks were in my mind, and happened to be chart hits released in the same year, as I was unaware of the release date of either, and would have guessed they were written and released in the 1970s. I am not sure what prompted me to think of either. I had wrongly thought of 'Knights in White Satin' as the band name, maybe because I associated it with sounding more like a band name. I have listened to the instrumentals of each song now I am fully awake, and it seems that I was thinking of 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'. 

I then thought I had lost some emerald and diamond earrings - which in the dream were of great value to me. I feared that I had accidentally sold them. I cannot quite remember what else happened at this point in the dream, as I was waking up and feeling the dream fragment. I found the earrings, and started thinking about the song (see writing in blue text above) that I had not been able to get my Mum to recognise.

Extra Information: Possible REM Rebound Effect from recent cannabis use

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum & Nan as dream scene characters

Dreamsigns: 
  • The drug rehab school in Sheringham
  • EG was a different age, ethnicity and personality - recognised as a dreamsign within the dream and used as a lucidity trigger
  • The TV screen in Scene 2 became a mirror - recognised as a dreamsign within the dream and used as a lucidity trigger

Day Residue: 
  • I am in the process of moving into temporary accommodation while renovations are done to my current home - the first option for the temporary housing was awful - a tiny space I was expected to share with a male colleague, the kitchen being so small you could only fit one person in it, with no storage facilities. My colleagues and I complained, and got a better deal. I had described the first, inappropriate accommodation to one the staff in the office where I work as 'smaller than a council bedsit given to a junkie on housing benefit'
  • My colleagues had been using Whatsapp to communicate about the problems with the temporary accommodation
  • I saw that EG is still on my social media - I noticed this the day before the dream
  • The day of this dream, I saw a reference to the Harry Potter movies on the thumbnails of the CinemaSins Youtube account. I also watched an episode of Peep Show (S08E02 - Episode 44 'Business Secrets of the Pharaohs') in which Jeremy describes Mark as JK Rowling and himself as Sigmund Freud
  • The day before this dream I made 2 new Youtube videos about dream characters and the dream self/dream ego - and about how to use dream characters and perception of self in the dream to trigger lucidity
  • The day before this dream I read a news article about a university student who was appealing for a prosthetic arm she had lost while out clubbing - she uses it for aesthetic reasons when going out at night, so didn't realise she had forgotten to put it back on after using the bathrooms. I also read a news article about paralympian, Oscar Pistorius, who has been back in court 
  • The day before this dream, I was packing my belongings and I dropped my (fake, cheap) emerald/diamond earrings while trying to put my jewellery somewhere safe

Waking Reactions: 
I love being able to record a lucid dream experience, even when the lucid dream is quite short or dull. I think if I had tried to exert control earlier in the dream, it may have lasted longer, but I sat around on the bed talking to EG for too long and lost lucidity, even after performing lucid dream stabilisation techniques successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment