Sunday 14 August 2016

Dream 675

'A Ride to the Train Station'
Date: 12 August 2016
Time: 03:30 - 11:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Moderate recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior (Maybe My Nan's House, Sheringham) - Afternoon
I was in an interior scene - it may have been my Nan's house. I was sure that it was the afternoon, because I knew that I was supposed to be going out for the night. 

My Mum was present, as was MOM, who is a male on my Facebook friends list, who I don't actually know, but who often posts statuses or comments I find to be stupid or ignorant, or motivated by personal frustrations with women. In the dream it was as if he was my stepbrother - and he was older than me, although in real life I know he is much younger than me. MOM looked pretty similar as he does in real life, but his hair was blonder, and longer - almost down to his shoulders. He was drinking from a can.

I was dressing to get ready for this night out, and I had a lot of possessions around me. The interior I was in was a bit confusing as to where rooms were differentiated with each other. It didn't seem like a normal house, but I cannot recall what my opinions of the location were in the dream. 

I realised I had a lot of preparation to do, and I felt I was in a rush. I was then aware that I had to catch a train to get to the destination of the night out. I was standing beside an open doorway with my Mum and MOM when he said to me that if I hurried up, he would be able to give me a ride to the train station. I was pleased about this and said: 'I can just do my makeup on the train'. I started to pack my makeup away in a vanity case to bring with me. I then put on a pair of shoes. They were red suede, with cut-out sections, which had decorative white lace panels in them. The shoes were heeled and I was aware that these were brand new shoes and this was my first time wearing them. I thought that the white lace was ripped/torn and complained about it to my Mum, who told me that this was what the shoes were supposed to be like. I continued to get ready.

I then realised that I was running late and would miss my ride with MOM. I left the house and started running, and immediately found myself at the train station - just outside the entrance, where there was a shelter of sorts which separated the platform from the car park. I turned the corner, onto the first platform and saw a large clock with read '12:00 hours' - it was clearly midday, not midnight, so this confused me, as I had thought it was later. But I then remembered that I was supposed to meet MOM at 12:00 hours. It was raining - I just noticed it at this point. 

MOM came running up behind me and I was relieved to see that I had not missed getting a ride with him. This was despite the fact the 'ride' was supposed to be a car ride from my home to the train station and I was actually at the train station. MOM said that we were just in time to catch the train. A train started pulling into the station, and the passengers gathered on the platform started to board. I rushed forward, but MOM pointed out that this was not our train, and we were due to catch a soon-to-arrive train on the next platform. We then saw this train approaching in the distance, so crossed over onto the next platform and started running quickly. 

MOM said to me that he was ''scared of black people'. I asked him why and he said that he feared that he would be murdered. He saw two black males standing to the left side of the platform we had been running down and said that he would not dare approach them and bet me that I was too scared to do so myself. I was shocked by how racist me was being, and I told him so. At the same time, I felt that I had always suspected him of being racist, and now had it confirmed by his own words. I spoke to the two black male dream characters - I just said some pleasantries. I then told MOM that he was racist for being 'scared of black people' and 'associating them with murder'. I felt like I wanted to get rid of him, but it appeared that he would be travelling on the train with me.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • MOM - older than me in the dream - was my stepbrother
  • A 'ride' to the station turned into a train journey

Day Residue: 
  • I think I saw MOM mention Eminem on a Facebook status recently
  • Last week I was with RBA and we were at a train station - which was very similar to the one in my dream. It was raining

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. I think I have forgotten a few parts of this dream, but if I recall them at a later stage, I will record them below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment