Monday 19 September 2016

Dream 700

'Avocados & Chinese Golden Showers'
Date: 19 September 2016
Time: 12:00 - 16:20 (Afternoon Nap - I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: My Childhood Home in Pine Grove, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in a room (which does not exist in real-life) in my former childhood home. There was a male dream character with me - I think it was my stepbrother, JM. The room was quite dark. I had an avocado and was peeling it with my hands. I was surprised and shocked to find that there were 4 stones in one avocado. I wondered how they all fit. I decided that I wanted to plant the stones to see what kind of plant would grow. I realised I also had some apple seeds also, which I decided to plant at the same time. I remembered a real life memory of one of my ex-boyfriends who planted an avocado stone which grew into a small spiky plant. I wanted to see if the same would happen if I planted my stones. I thought the avocado I had must be special because it had 4 stones.

I went through to the lounge, where my Mum and Stepdad were. Instead of an electric fire, there was an open log fire. My parents were with friends (dream characters, not real life people) watching TV. There was a very obese black male, wearing a red plaid shirt sitting on the coffee table in the centre of the room. I told my Mum that I wanted to plant my 4 avocado stones and she said she would help me find a plant pot. We went through to the kitchen, where the light was brighter. My Mum found an object - I am not sure what it was, but it was made of white china and had a number of very small triangular compartments. My Mum removed whatever was in these compartments and said I could plant the avocado seeds in those. I saw we had some fertiliser and soil in bags in the corner of the room. I said that I did not think the avocados seeds could fit in the compartments of the white china object (they would never fit, this was obvious). My Mum was adamant that they would. She told me that the object belonged to my Stepdad, but I could borrow it to grow my plants. I thought that only the apple seeds could grow. 

Scene 2: Cromer Road, Sheringham - Night
I was walking down Cromer Road in Sheringham at night. I was approached by 2 young Chinese males - one of whom was dressed in very bright blue and yellow winter clothing. I felt apprehensive and threatened by me. He then got his penis out and started to urinate all over me, which caused me a great deal of alarm and distress. Then I saw my Mum a short distance down the road. I ran over to her, telling her I had been attacked by one of the Chinese men. My Mum ran after the males and started to beat the one who had urinated on me. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream, but I think there are some details I have forgotten. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum as a dream character
  • Cromer Road. Sheringham as a dreamscene location - where I feel under threat or attack

Dreamsigns: 
  • The avocado had 4 stones in it
  • I was living in my former childhood home, which looked slightly different from how it did when I lived there in real life
  • The Chinese golden shower

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had considered buying avocados
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing 'off-grid living' and growing your own organic food
  • One of my ex-boyfriends grew an avocado plant once (many years ago) although it obviously never fruited. My Stepbrother once grew an apple tree in his bedroom when we were children
  • I am preparing for International Arrivals week, which involves working with a large number of Chinese students, who I very much enjoy meeting and helping to settle in. A couple of nights ago, I was woken by someone shouting 'Hello!' through my open bedroom window - it was a Chinese male standing in the rain, trying to get someone to let him into my building, for which there is no access to anyone other than my housemate and I. I had also been in a conversation with DL about 2 of my ex-boyfriends who were both Chinese
  • A few days ago, my housemate SC was telling a story about a very drunk student who accidentally peed on a member of university staff

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. This dream was quite traumatic because of the golden shower. This is the second dream I have ever had where someone has peed on me in a threatening manner. In real life I am not overly disgusted by urine - it's not the worst body fluid! I wouldn't want someone to pee on me, but it doesn't sicken me as much as it does when it happens in a dream, which is why I am not sure why it is a recurrent dream theme producing anxiety in the dream state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment