Thursday 24 November 2016

Dream 729

'Excessive Pubic Hair'
Date: 23 November 2016
Time: 08:45 - 14:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior - Time Unknown
I was in a domestic interior, which was not my home in the dream, nor a place I know from real life. It was a large house, with normal furniture, such as sofas and coffee tables (I only recall seeing the lounge area). I was holding an iPad - or some other kind of tablet device. 

I was doing some kind of assignment, using the tablet. I had to walk around, using the tablet as a 'viewfinder' - so it was as if the camera on the back was operational, and I was using it to view my surroundings on the screen - moving the tablet around to see other items in the room instead of just looking with my own eyes. 

At one point, I was pointing the tablet camera at a white/cream sofa and a pair of twisted brown hands burst through the screen, towards me - as if they were trying to reach out for me and pull me through the screen, causing me to drop the tablet and jump back. This was shocking and surprising in the dream. 

I then saw my former boss - IF - the reason I left my much-loved job in a Law Firm a number of years ago. IF looked even older than he had when I last saw him - he was more wrinkled and all of his hair was a light grey colour now. I still felt uneasy with him and blamed him for what had happened in real life, however, I wanted to return to work for him in the Law Firm. I was therefore being 'nice' to him, but this was tainted by bitterness and sarcasm and I was relishing in the fact that I detected him as now being weaker than me (although I cannot say how he was weaker). IF and I agreed I would work for him again, but as soon as this had been decided, I started to berate him and tell him how unprofessional he had been; how he was lucky that I had not taken things further (to a lawyer regulatory body or an employment tribunal) etc. I felt good about vocalising these issues at long last.

I then saw my own vagina - from a third-person perspective. I was shocked to see that although the top part was shaved, in the area which connects the vagina to the butt hole (the perineum area) there was masses of straight, black pubic hair, several inches long and very bushy. I then realised that 2 male doctors were examining this area, holding it (and my legs) open so that 'I' (the 'me' who was watching) could see clearly. I thought that this pubic hair should be shaved off and wondered how I had missed this, while doing the rest.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Performing a task/assignment

Dreamsigns: 
  • The hands burst through the screen of the tablet
  • I returned to work for my former boss
  • I saw myself in third-person perspective

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been telling someone (I cannot recall who) about my time working in a Criminal Defence Law Firm and how much I enjoyed it. I had also recently discovered that AWB - someone who is not a friend, more of a 'foe' (no better way to describe this) had become disabled and was forced to leave her career which she had trained for. This struck a chord with me, because mental health had caused me to quit my own job and I understand what this feels like, even though AWB's situation was much more serious and permanent than my own, from which I have successfully moved on
  • On the day of this dream I had mentioned how having Middle Eastern heritage makes it necessary for me to shave daily - or at the minimum - bi-daily
  • On the day of this dream I saw an online debate in the comment section of a magazine/news post on Facebook - women were arguing over the use of the terms vagina/vulva. Many women were objecting to the use of the word 'vagina' to mean the visible genitals, stating that the vagina is the internal part and what is meant is 'vulva'. I am someone who thinks it is perfectly acceptable to refer to all of my genital area as 'vagina' - everyone knows what it meant by that, and anyone who takes issue with it, while medically/scientifically correct, are being pedantic. I will never refer to my genitals as a 'vulva' - I hate the word

Waking Reactions: 
I have had many dreams where I have returned to my old job within the Law Firm. I can honestly say that if I was offered this opportunity again - despite the terrible situation regarding my former boss, which caused me a lot of stress and trauma (quitting my job meant becoming homeless and led to worsening mental health problems etc) - I am now in a much stronger position and would go back, although knowing that I would not allow myself to be oppressed or undermined to the same extent again (as I have matured and gained in self-assurance since). I wonder if this dream theme was the result of Day Residue (specifically, learning of AWB's experience and comparing it to my own) or because it is a genuine expression of what my heart desires, from my subconscious?

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment