Sunday 27 November 2016

Dream 730

'Blue Eyeliner'
Date: 25 November 2016
Time: 02:00 - 07:30 (I woke up from this dream due to needing to vomit)
Type of dream: Normal dream - Pre-Lucid?
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: An Exterior Scene - Day
I was in an outside environment - I am not sure where specifically. I could not really see much of my surroundings. I was with CG and we were looking at a huge screen - the size of a billboard. I was using my finger to scroll down the screen (the way you would when using a mobile phone). The screen showed pictures of children who were up for adoption. I was choosing a child to adopt. I said to CG that I wasn't really sure I wanted to adopt a child anyway, and none of the ones on the screen were suitable. 

I then saw a piano - in the middle of a jungle area. I am not sure if I moved to this area, or it was nearby to the location where CG and I were looking at the screen.

Scene 2: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I saw myself in third-person perspective. I noticed that my eyebrows were much much thinner than usual (I no longer pluck my eyebrows and leave them natural). This annoyed me, as I have been growing them back for a number of years. I was then back in first-person perspective, sitting on the sofa (the side closest to the kitchen door). I saw that my blue eyeliner pen was on a sofa beside me, about to roll down into the gap between the sofa cushion and the arm rest. I retrieved it and had a conversation with someone (unrecalled) in the room about the blue eyeliner. 

I remember thinking: 'This is the second scene' which seems to indicate pre-lucidity. I was not lucid (i.e. not consciously aware that I was dreaming), but the fact I specifically thought that this was the second scene of a dream indicated that I was picking up hints that I was asleep and dreaming.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream, but I know it was longer and more detailed. I think waking up to vomit, and then spending the entire day hungover, meant I lost a lot of my dream memory. If I recall anything else, I will record it below, at the bottom of this post.

Extra Information: 
The night of this dream I had been drinking white wine (1 bottle, 12% alcohol), in celebration of my housemate's birthday. I was intoxicated, but not excessively so. However, I had to get up a number of times during the night to vomit - much more than I have ever needed to after drinking the same amount. It may be due to the fact that I had only eaten fresh fruit and some crisps before drinking, so there was nothing to absorb the alcohol. I also drink very rarely nowadays, so perhaps my tolerance is very low. I believe that the alcohol may have resulted in REM Rebound Effect (click on the red text and link will open in a new window).

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Family life
  • Sheringham as a dream scene location

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was considering adoption - and the method of adopting a child by selecting them from a screen
  • I saw myself in third-person perspective

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing dreams with CG (on Facebook) and specifically, a dream where he appeared as a dream character
  • On the day of this dream I had filled in my eyebrows with some eyebrow powder. I had also specifically noticed the shape of my friend DB's eyebrows, thinking how well-groomed they were. Her brows are a lot thinner and shaped than my own, which I leave to grow naturally

Waking Reactions: 
This was frustrating, as I lost a lot of my dream due to the vomiting/hangover. This was - as I recalled when I first woke up - a long and complex dream. I may recall more scenes/content from it at a later stage, as I sometimes do. It was also interesting as there were some elements of pre-lucidity - which may have been the result of REM Rebound Effect (from alcohol consumption). Again, this dream featured significant Day Residue. I am not sure if it related specifically to my Dream Incubation Experiment as such, but it was interesting to note that adoption was a theme - and I was hesitant to go ahead and choose a child for adoption. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment