Thursday 1 December 2016

Dream 734

'Dating the President's Son'
Date: 29 November 2016
Time: 21:00 - 01:30 (I woke up from this dream due to noise outside, a Facebook notification alert and my housemate SC checking to see if I was still awake - which all happened around the same time)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I cannot recall where this scene took place. I will add at the outset, that this was one of the most emotionally- impactful dream scenes I have had in ages. And strangely, it occurred on the same day I had a conversation with DL about how I lack a strong emotional expression of sadness or upset. 

I became aware that after we ended our relationship, PS had abandoned N the Dog, by leaving the door of the house open and forcing him out. N had wandered around by himself and become mangy, dirty and starving. I found him in this state - I could not believe that PS had done this, since he loves N more than anything else in the world. I wondered if he had done it to punish me. I took N the Dog to the vets to be healed. I cannot recall if I went into the vets in the dream. When I went to collect N, I was told that he had been adopted by a new family. I was so upset and wanted to find him and rescue him, taking him into my care, as I had raised him with PS when we lived together. Somehow, I met up with PS and told him that I had found N. PS said that N had been homeless and stray for a few years and he had regretted abandoning him. I was so angry with PS, but glad that he now wanted to save N with me. 

PS and I found N - we were about to take him, when we saw that he was wearing a new collar, with his new owner's details engraved on it. The new owner was called 'Daisy Walker'.

Scene 2: 'New York City, USA' (Camden, London, UK) - Day
This dream scene seemed to last for ages. All of the of following locations took place in the same general area.

The context of this part of the dream was that myself and my Mum had been joined by a group of young Australian adults who were in 'America' for education reasons. However, the location which was perceived as 'NYC' looked like Camden Lock, London - with more skyscrapers. At one point, while looking down Camden Lock (towards Primrose Hill direction), I thought: 'The Australians' accents are becoming more American'. 

I walked towards the side of the Lock - so I was able to see the canal. Parked by the pavement of the street was a large white bus. I went and stood beside it. I was joined by a (handsome) young white male with blonde hair. He was 'the President's son' (the US President). I am not sure if 'the President' was Donald Trump as I did not find out the name of the son, nor his father. I was surprised to find that I was in a relationship with the President's son - but was aware that there was some kind of pressure on us to end the relationship. The President's son hugged me from behind. I felt sad that we might have to end our relationship. 

The President's son took me to NASA headquarters - I cannot recall how we travelled there, but it was nearby to the location we had been in in NYC/Camden. We went to NASA by stealth, knowing that we should not be there. I was not too worried as I was with the President's son and assumed that he was powerful enough to not get us into trouble for trespassing. When we were inside the main control room, it was dark - but lit up from green light emanating from hundreds of computer monitors, which were all turned on, showing numbers and chart and other technological data. The computer monitors were mounted in long rows of 3 along each wall. The only space was for the doorway, which looked like a cupboard. The President's son and I had sex on the floor of the NASA control room - this was very exciting, partly because of the danger of getting caught, and partly because this was the President's son and I was being taken to locations I would never usually be able to access. This was not a wet dream (i.e. I did not experience a real life orgasm), but it was very stimulating and enjoyable. 

I was then supposed to attend a Psychology lecture. I went into a lecture theatre, holding some textbooks. The lecture theatre was mainly blue in colour, and was half-filled. I sat down in an empty row, on the end seat next to the stairs - the only other student sitting on this row was CW, a friend from Sheringham (who was actually in my A-level Psychology class at Sixth Form College in real life). She started to put away her books and papers, and told me that the class was over - I had arrived too late. I stood up again and put my own belongings away in a backpack I had been wearing. 

I then went outside - I saw my Mum and a blonde female dream character (one of the Australian students who were with us on this trip). It was now dusk. The blonde Australian female was standing in front of a large blank white billboard. She was gesticulating with her hands, but I could not make out what she was saying (if anything) or what she was trying to communicate. I noticed she was wearing a beaded friendship bracelet and had a Chinese symbol tattoo on her wrist. Her presence annoyed me for some reason. My Mum started to tell me that I had to marry the President's son. She said there was a bonds scheme where you could buy 'bonds' which were 'cashed in' when the named party on the bonds was married. The value of the bonds was unknown until they were cashed in - they might be worth little or a fortune - it was a gamble/game of chance. She had bought some bonds in my name. I said that I could not marry the President's son - we were being forced to end our relationship. My Mum was putting pressure on me. I was saying that if I married the President's son, the bonds scheme was irrelevant - he was already a billionaire. I was standing with my hand resting on a brick wall next to the billboard while this conversation took place. I felt stressed. 

I was then standing in line in a shop of some kind, waiting to pay for items which were being held by my female companion in a wire shopping basket - one of the Australians on the trip with my Mum and I. To my left  were some shelves with books on them. I wanted to check the books, as I thought some of them might be useful for my PhD in Law (my real life course of study). However, the dream character I was with (I don't know her name) was hurrying me along, telling me that there was no time for me to stop and look at the books. This annoyed me. I felt everyone wanted me to do what they wanted and were not listening to my needs and desires.

I was then in a train station - at first, it reminded me of Norwich train station, as I walked from the platform to the entrance/exit. However, as I approached the entrance, which was made of ornate red brick design, I realised I was still in NYC/Camden. I had not travelled anywhere - I had been waiting for a train to arrive so I could meet someone (not sure who) off the train, but they had not arrived. I walked through the archway of the entrance - towards the street, which was a busy part of the city, with some large planters containing brightly coloured flowers on a paved area directly outside the front of the station. It was not lighter outside (i.e. no longer dusk) - it felt like late afternoon. I was behind a middle-aged white man and his adult son. I listened to their conversation. The father was saying to the son: 'Failed barristers make the best battle rappers' and he was explaining why this was. I took out my phone, deciding to text R3A and tell him what I had overheard. 

I then decided to go back to the shop where the books were. The shelves where the books were were quite empty- with only a few books on each. There was also a circular stand with more books on it. I was looking for a book called 'Media Law', but I could not see it at first. I kneeled down beside a low white metal shelf and looked at the books there. I was frustrated as I just could not find the one i wanted. However, I found a very small book which was entitled 'Marilyn & Her Mother'. I flicked through the book. It was about Marilyn Monroe and her relationship with her mentally-ill mother, Gladys Baker, and contained a number of photographs I had not seen before. I checked the price and although I cannot recall what it was, in the dream I decided that it was reasonable. This made me pleased as I really wanted this book to add to my collection of Marilyn Monroe books. I then saw a thick book with a black cover. It was called 'Media Law' - it was the book that I had been looking for. I wondered why I had not seen it before, because it was the largest book on the shelf, which was quite empty. I checked the price of this book and was pleased to see that I could afford to buy both. The prices were written on the inside of the cover - in pencil - which is how books tend to be priced in secondhand bookstores. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • PS as a dream character
  • Education/learning institution/classroom 
  • Career in law & legal practice
  • R3A as a dream character
  • Marriage
  • Sex dream

Dreamsigns: 
  • PS would NEVER abandon N the Dog
  • NYC, USA was Camden Lock, London
  • I was dating the President's son
  • I visited NASA headquarters 

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing how much I loved Staffordshire Bull Terriers with a Facebook friend - this is the breed of N the Dog
  • This month I had a glitch on my Facebook which sent out friend requests on my behalf, without permission. This resulted in over 1,000 random people being added to my account. One of them is named 'Daisy Walker' although I only know this because I entered the name into the search bar while recording this dream (to check the possibility I had subconsciously seen it appear on my timeline). I do not know this person and have not specifically looked at their profile
  • The day before this dream DL and I had had a conversation about the humour of British/Australians compared to Americans
  • The day of this dream I had a conversation with R3A about accents
  • On the day of this dream I had a conversation with DL about The Martian (2015) and specifically referred to the set design for the NASA headquarters
  • On the day of this dream I had read an article about Rosie O'Donnell who had caused controversy for posting online speculation as to whether Donald Trump's son Barron Trump is on the autistic spectrum
  • The situation with the bonds is reminiscent of scratch cards. I have a scratch card my Mum gave me - with £10 winnings to be cashed in. Last week I bought a scratch card for my housemate SC's birthday and he won £10 also
  • On the day of this dream I had a conversation with a male on my Facebook who had asked me out - he had mentioned that his goal in life was to marry and have a family. I had told him I am not interested in marriage or children
  • A couple of days before this dream I had a conversation on my Facebook thread about hardcopy books in the library v the internet as sources of information for university courses
  • Just before going to sleep I had been messaging with R3A on Facebook and we had been trading insults/burns to one another

Waking Reactions: 
This was such a weird dream - with so many elements.The first part of the dream was very very emotional for me. I cannot state exactly how upset this made me feel. It was devastating for me. 

The dream seemed to take place at 2 different times; Scene 1 was quite separate from the rest of the dream. The second part of the dream, written under the heading of Scene 2, was in reality a number of related dream scenes. in discrete locations  of the NYC/Camden area, but I did not label each separately. as this entire part of the dream seemed to be one long continuation and I was aware throughout that it was all taking place in one location over the course of at least one day. I really enjoyed the events of Scene 2 - there was some frustration, but actually, also a lot of excitement. Again, marriage and education were themes - these have been recurrent themes during the course of my Dream Incubation Experiment. It is also notable that reference was made to 'failed barristers' - I wonder if this was a hint at a subconscious notion that I feel that I am a 'failure' because I decided to forego working in legal practice (after my professional training, in which I did very well), to continue as a postgraduate student in an academic role? Is my subconscious telling me that I should reconsider going into legal practice again? 

Note this strange coincidence: on 27/11/2016 I had Dream 732 - 'Falling from Great Heights & Sexy Boys'. In this dream, I had referred to a male dream character who I strongly believed was based on ED2, a male friend of mine who I met (randomly) in person after interacting on a BuzzFeed comment section (and realising that we lived in the same city). ED2 eventually moved back home to Kent - and we have not been in contact for over a year. Randomly, on the night of the present dream (29/11/2016) I woke up to discover that I had a random Whatsapp message from a number which was no stored in my phone. I could not work out who the message was from - it just had a greeting and informed me that the sender had found my number in an old phone. The message contained my name, so I knew it was meant for me. I ignored it, because it was late and I thought it might be someone who I didn't really want to speak to, especially not when I was tired. I received a subsequent message from the same sender, informing me that it was ED2! This is so weird, given 2 nights before I had experienced a random 'sexual dream' involving him, completely out of the blue!

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:


Tallulah La Ghash, I Could've Been a Battle Rapper [2016]

No comments:

Post a Comment