Tuesday 20 December 2016

Dream 745

'Ewan McGregor, The Return of my Favourite Jedi'
Date: 20 December 2016
Time: 06:45 - 11:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior (Family Home) - Time Unknown
My Mum had invited Ewan McGregor to come and visit/stay. The details of why he was there and for how long were vague and I was desperate for him to stay forever. The house we were in was not one from real life, but in the dream I lived there with my family and it was a normal family home, but larger than any I have actually lived in. Everything was very bright from a yellow glowing light which illuminated the room. I cannot recall what anyone was wearing in this dream, but Ewan's hair looked more ginger than usual.

Ewan was telling me that he had to go home to his family to check in on them, and I was trying to convince him to stay an extra day before he did that, or at least return immediately after. I was giving him lots of options and almost pleading with him. He was really friendly and seemed like he might be interested in me, but I just wanted to keep him there should that I could try and develop the relationship more. This scene seemed to go on for the majority of the dream. 

When it came to dinner time, I offered to cook a dish for Ewan I am very good at making - Persian-style chicken - then, without him telling me - I realised he was vegetarian, so I quickly said: 'I forgot you were vegetarian, I can make as a Persian mazzah (i.e. mezze)'. He said that he would like this, and I thought it would be a good way of getting him to like me more. I wondered if he was annoyed that I had forgotten he was a vegetarian (I am not sure whether Ewan McGregor is vegetarian not in real life). 

I spent more time with Ewan, including a point where we were hugging (I normally hate hugging, but with certain men I love it and I know I would love to hug Ewan forever!). There was nothing sexual in this dream, unlike my last one, because my Mum was present for most of the time. She seemed to know  Ewan better than I did. 

Ewan went upstairs in the house (the stairs were in the living-room/kitchen area where the action had been taking place) and I went into a little alcove area, where there was a small white counter and some high stools. On the desk were 2 items, which were brightly coloured. One of them related to Ewan and the other related to another (maybe famous, but someone definitely familiar to me in the dream) male. I am not sure what these items were - they were brightly coloured and rectangular. I was told - by a male dream character who I cannot recall, but who was in the house with us (I was only aware of his presence at this point) that I had to 'transcribe' the object which related to the second male. I asked if I could transcribe the object which related to Ewan instead, as I thought this was a great way of prolonging my contact with him. The male told me that I had to transcribe both in that case; I was not happy about having to do double the work, but I was aware that by transcribing the Ewan object this would prolong my contact with him further. When Ewan came down the stairs, I was sitting on a stool in this alcove area. I called out to him and he said that he was going to stay longer. This made me really happy. 

Something then made me reach into my mouth - I was aware that my bottom right incisor tooth was loose and this worried me. I pulled at it and it fell out. I was panicked and worried that Ewan would find me unattractive now. I picked up a small mirror to look at my missing tooth, and noticed that the gap between the teeth where the incisor should be was so small and narrow that it was barely noticeable. I was relieved and assumed that the teeth on either side had moved to close the gap. I was no longer worried about this.  

I began transcribing the objects for Ewan and Male2, content that Ewan was in the lounge area and I could go back and spend time with him soon. I cannot explain how happy I felt at this moment in the dream. 

My Nan then came into the alcove, which seemed much larger now. Instead of being mounted against the wall, the counter had space around all sides, like it was a large narrow table in the middle of a bigger room. I had a mass of pages of A4 paper with my handwritten (blue ink) notes on them - the transcriptions from the objects I had been working on. I was pleased to see that everything looked very neat and orderly. My Nan started to touch the papers. She was holding them by the corner. I asked her to leave them alone, but she pulled at them and the pages ripped. I was angry and shouted at her, but she showed no remorse for destroying my work. In fact, the work was not destroyed - only the very corner (where the page was blank, with no writing) was slightly torn. 

I then walked into a different room, still angry. There was a small, white male child with brown hair (aged approximately 8 years old) in the room. He was wearing shorts and I could see that his left leg was very red and raw - like he was a burns victim or had been in a terrible accident. I found out - I think he told me - that Male2 (from the transcription exercise) was his father, but Ewan was his carer. He needed his father or Ewan to come and apply some special medical ointment to his leg as this had to be done every day or something serious would occur. I saw that there was a door to my left (I think this was a large built-in cupboard or wardrobe/closet) and a set of 3 shelves, mounted high on the wall next to it. The shelves were empty but for a white cylindrical container, which was the ointment. The boy asked me to get the ointment from the shelf from him, so I did this. He was really worried that no-one was there to help him and I did not offer to put the ointment on for him. He said that his leg would fall off if he did not do it immediately himself, and he disappeared into the cupboard/wardrobe to apply it to his own leg. 

I was then aware - I am not sure how, the thought just came into me head -  that the ointment needed to be applied with water or else it would cause further harm. I knew there was no access to water in the cupboard, so I was shouting to the boy through the slightly ajar door, telling him to stop, not to apply the ointment and to come out so someone could help him. He was not coming out of the cupboard, and I did not try to go in to get him, despite the door being very partially open. 

My Nan came in the room. She seemed to know what was going on and she was angry with me for letting the young child go into the cupboard with the ointment. She screamed at me: 'He's going to skeletonize his leg!' I was panicked. My Nan said we must get Ewan immediately to come and sort out the problem. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Ewan McGregor
  • My family as dream characters
  • My Nan and I arguing

Dreamsigns: 
  • Ewan McGregor was staying at my house
  • My house was different to any family home I have ever lived in, and I no longer live with any of my family
  • The act of transcribing the objects
  • The situation with the child and the ointment

Day Residue: 
  • The day before this dream I had already had a dream about Ewan McGregor - Dream 744 - 'Ob-Wan Kenobi's (i.e. Ewan McGregor's) Glorious Lightsaber'
  • The day before this dream my Mum had told me about a new 55" 'smart' TV she and my Stepdad had got, because their old TV had broken. She said we could watch a Ewan McGregor movie on it when I come home fro Christmas at the end of the week
  • In a Youtube video I had made on my Ewan McGregor lucid wet dream I had mentioned that I eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, but rarely eat meat - I will be looking forward to eating meat over Christmas (beef and duck), but will return to my usual mainly vegetarian diet afterwards (I tend to eat meat once a week or less)
  • I had been looking at my teeth in the mirror on the night of this dream
  • On the day of this dream I had read the Wikipedia page about Go Ask Alice (1971) (for the purposes of recording Day Residue in relation to Dream 744 - 'Ob-Wan Kenobi's (i.e. Ewan McGregor's) Glorious Lightsaber') in which it stated that the author (allegedly using a real, anonymised diary of one of her therapy clients, the 'narrator') transcribed the material and then destroyed part of it
  • On the day of this dream I read an online news story about a woman who was subjected to harassment, abuse and threats after her insensitive and foolish decision to wear a fancy dress outfit based on the Boston Marathon Bombing (2013) - her costume involved fake blood and injuries 
  • I had been considering using some Sudocrem on some spots that have broken out on my jawline. I was also thinking about which skin care products to buy with my wages

Waking Reactions: 
This dream seems to be based on Day Residue rather than my Dream Incubation Experiment, however, I do think that my subconscious/heart desires Ewan McGregor more than any other man alive right now, so this could also be a reflection of the Dream Incubation Experiment, albeit one which I cannot act upon to realise. I did however tweet Ewan McGregor with the previous dream in the hope that he might actually read it!

This dream was awesome - at least the start of it where I was with Ewan McGregor in my home. I woke up feeling really happy and fulfilled by my dream and excited to see if he appears as a regular, recurrent dream character in the near future. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment