Monday 16 January 2017

Dream 756

'Student Union'
Date: 13 January 2017
Time: 06:00 - 11:00  (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: University Campus - Day
I was with my Mum and another (unrecalled) dream character in a cafe/restaurant, which was on my university campus. It is not an actual real life cafe/restaurant, just one in the dream. It was a large space, with small, circular tables and most of the furnishings were blue. There were other dream characters present, just walking around or sitting at tables. 

I was telling my Mum that I wanted to get a 1-day-a-week job on campus to earn extra money as my scholarship comes to an end in April. I was thinking about applying to work in the 'Student Union' (I take this to mean the Bar on my actual campus) and as soon as the idea came into my head, I wanted to do this straightaway. My Mum was being impatient and saying that she would not wait for me to do this, as she wanted to leave. We all got up from the table and I decided  I would go and speak to the 'Manager'. My Mum got to the door and turned around to look at me. She was annoyed that I was going to apply for the job now. 

I walked down a corridor where there were a number of doors leading off - this was the 'Student Union headquarters' (in real life, the SU is actually upstairs from a cafe area, so this reflects the actual layout in my real university, except in the dream, everything was on the ground floor). I stopped outside the right room and pressed a button, which was supposed to alert the 'Manager' to the fact that someone was waiting to speak to them. It was not really a 'doorbell' but it functioned in the same way. There was a screen mounted on the wall beside this 'button'. On the screen it told me that 'the Manager's [it used her actual name which I cannot recall] Facebook is broken, so she can't take appointments'. I then heard a voice from within the room summonsing me in. 

I entered. The Manager was there, sitting at a computer, surrounded by a number (over 10) male dream characters, who were all 'SU officers'. I said I was there to apply for a job and she said that I would have to wait to find out if I was successful. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream, but I think there were more events/actions after this scene.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The layout of the University building and how I made the appointment with the Student Union 'Manager'

Day Residue
  • I had been thinking about getting a part-time job in April
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing the Student Union as a result of an initiative whereby some of the Part-time Officers hope to work alongside my colleagues and I - this has not been a popular development and there was a lot of discussion about it in person and on our Whatsapp group

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure if this dream was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, as it seems to be mainly influenced by Day Residue

I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall them later, I will record them below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment