Monday 16 January 2017

Dream 758

'Working Mice'
Date: 16 January 2017
Time: 03:00 - 07:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: On a Bus (Sheringham?) - Day
I was on a bus during the day. I was sitting by myself, in a window seat on the left side (when facing the front). I had a basket with me. I was aware that 'something bad was going to happen' although I cannot say what it was - it was just a feeling of apprehension and anticipation of a terrible event which was forthcoming. I did not feel scared, but I was worried. This scene is a little hazy in my memory. I recall that I looked to the right side of the bus and saw a male friend - ODG, sitting with another male I know, SAS, in a seat a little further down the aisle. 

ODG saw me and indicated that we should get off the bus together, which we did. I remember dismounting. However, it then seemed like we were still on the bus, but right at the front, in a discussion with the driver. It felt like there no sides to the bus - like we were travelling through the air. I could see the ground - it was a gravel road and there were houses on either side, which looked like stone cottages. It was a very rural area. I assumed it was Sheringham. as I said to ODG and the driver of the bus, who was a middle-aged white male dream character: 'My Nan lives on the road next to this one'. Even in the dream I was aware that this was not true, but ODG and the driver both started talking to me about the location of my Nan's house as if they also knew where she lived.

Scene 2: An Unknown Interior - Night
ODG and I were then in an interior location - which was very dark. The only thing I could see in this room was a large table, on which there were a number of anthropomorphic mice (they were mice sized and looked real, but acted like cartoon mice) who were stitching clothes and making art - the clothing they were sewing and the paper they were drawing on were 'human sized'. I was not shocked by this - it seemed normal. The mice could speak to us as well, and we had a conversation, although I cannot recall what was said. There was much more detail to this scene than I can recall. 

I remember holding one of my arms above my head, but I do not know what the reason for this was.

I was then holding a very small piece of astroturf - it was about the size of a post-it note folded in half. I was writing my name on it. It looked pale yellow when I was writing on it (in black biro), but before, it had looked like regular, green textured astroturf (fake grass). I noticed that my name was written as it should be in real life - i.e. the correct letters in the correct order. I thought this was 'surprising' (this could have triggered a reality check and lucidity, given it felt like I was on the brink of realising that I could write properly in 'a dream' which is usually not the case, and is a good Dreamsign if noticed). 

I think there was more action involved in this dream, but I cannot remember it. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The situation with the bus
  • The anthropomorphic mice stitching clothing and creating art
  • I was writing on astroturf

Day Residue
  • I saw ODG post on Facebook before I had this dream
  • On the day of this dream I was 'cleaning up' my Facebook friends list due to a series of incidents of abuse/harassment and threatening behaviour from men; I noticed that SAS (who was never a good friend, more of a friend of a friend) had deleted me from his friends list
  • I fell asleep while watching a documentary about Frida Kahlo (1907 - 1954) - the last thing I remember is the section about a serious accident she experienced when a street car collided with the bus she was travelling on, causing her lifelong health problems

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure if this dream was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, however it was very bizarre and complex. The memory was quite vivid when I first woke up, but given I had only had 4 hours of sleep, or less, I was so tired and didn't record it immediately. Therefore, I am pretty sure that I may have forgotten further aspects of this dream, but if I recall them later, I will record them below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment