Wednesday 8 March 2017

Dream 790

'Bad Children's Home'
Date: 6 March 2017
Time: 23:00 - 05:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: An Interior - Time Unknown
I was in an interior with my ex-boyfriend, PS - I am not sure what house we were in, but in the dream it was where either PS or I lived. I was aware that I was pregnant and PS was the father. I asked him if I should hurry to get 'an abortion pill' but he said that we should get back together and raise the baby. This decision was welcome to me within the dream and I was happy. There was more conversation.

Scene 2: A Children's Home - Night
I was then outside - it was night, but not very dark. In front of me was a building - which was grey concrete and low, reminding me of a small prison or a very ugly building of some kind. It reminded me a little of some of the older residences on my university campus - Wolfson Close (see image, below), but at the same time the area looked very difference and familiar in another way. It reminded me strongly of somewhere I have been before in real life, changed slightly by the dream. The entire area was very run down and destroyed. The ground was concrete and I could see weeds growing and planks of wood/bricks/rubbish laying around. The windows of the building were smashed and everything was dismal, in a state of disrepair and neglect. Around the vicinity was a high chainlink fence. I could see that it had been raining recently, because there were puddles on the ground. 

I was aware that this was a children's home and that it was a bad place. Inside the dilapidated building there was some evil lurking. I was also aware that MK (a Facebook friend who is also a webcam girl) was stuck in the children's home and was at risk of some kind of danger. I saw her kneeling on the floor, crying in fear. I went into the children's home. It was so dark and there was no furniture; it looked completely abandoned. I knew that the 'evil' would come for me if I did not get out quickly, so I went outside again. My Mum was standing there. She threw a cigarette towards me and it fell into a puddle at my feet. I picked it up - there was some kind of intricate design (like a tattoo) drawn on the side. I threw it back to my Mum, who started smoking it (despite the fact my Mum gave up smoking over 15 years ago). 

My Mum then told me that she was going to adopt MK. We went back inside the children's home and my Mum was standing beside what looked like a table. I asked what she was doing and she said she was sorting out some rings - I could see that she was gathering up a number of gold rings with skulls or devil's heads on them. My Mum told me they belonged to MK and we needed to make sure we took them with us when we adopted her.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 


Dreamsigns: 
  • I was having a baby with my ex-boyfriend
  • The events of Scene 2

Day Residue: 
  • Scene 1 may have been influenced by my dream from the previous evening, Dream 789 - 'Special Tartan'
  • On the day of this dream MK left a comment on my status. The day before I had noticed her post a status of her own where she referred to childhoods being damaged by bad/inadequate parents

Waking Reactions: 
I really enjoyed this dream as it felt very strange while actually dreaming it - there was a very odd, disconcerting quality about the dream. It was also interesting to note the recurrent dream theme of pregnancy/motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment