Saturday 11 March 2017

Dream 791

'Unrecorded Dreams'
Date: 9 March 2017
Time: 21:30 - 05:45 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream/Pre-lucid dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

Scene 1: A Public Toilet - Time Unknown
I was in a public toilet which was familiar - it reminded me of both public toilets at my University and also those in The Forum, Norwich - although in the dream, the toilets were different from both of these real life locations. I was feeling the back of my front lower teeth with my tongue and realised there was a rough patch which should not be there. I wondered if I would be able to get it removed by the dentist (of which I have a huge phobia, not having attended since I was a young child). 

Scene 2: A Shop, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was then in a shop - the shop mainly sold books, although there were other items on display. It was a large shop - more like a department store and I had a strong sense of deja-vu, despite not being able to recognise this shop from real life. I was wondering (within the dream itself) if I had ever been in this shop before as it felt so familiar. I then wondered if I had 'dreamed' of the shop before and that was why it seemed recognisable. Despite this wondering, this was not a lucid dream as I was not consciously aware that I was dreaming - it felt like real life with me thinking about dreaming. I assumed I was awake. I still cannot recall why this shop felt so familiar.

Scene 3: My Bedroom, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was then standing in my own bedroom in Norwich, looking at my desk, on which there are a number of notebooks, both for my academic and creative writing. I thought: 'I have 2 dreams to record' - in the dream I knew that these dreams were jotted down in my notebook and needed to be recorded onto this Blog. In real life, there were not 2 dreams in that notebook which needed to be written up. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • None of note

Day Residue: 
  • None of note - I cannot recognise any specific Day Residue

Waking Reactions: 
This was a very interesting dream as it seemed to be a Pre-Lucid dream - I was not yet lucid/consciously aware, but I was thinking about dreaming within the dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment