Saturday 29 July 2017

Dream 853

'The Wedding Ceremony'
Date: 15 July 2017
Time: Time Unknown
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior - Day
I was in a house, which I do not know in real life, but in the dream was familiar to me. From what I can recall, it was a fairly normal, typical home. I was looking at an exercise bike, which was near a wall in a hallway. This had been gifted to me, but I wondered why I had been given an exercise bike, as I did not really need/want one. 

I was then in the living-room, which appeared to be a little bit like my Nan's house in Sheringham. There was a small boy sitting on the sofa, and a large red stain, which I perceived as being 'his fault'. It looked more like red paint than blood - at least, I did not think it was blood in the dream. I was trying to design an outfit which I would be wearing at a wedding I was invited to - there was a skirt which was black and white - with a star pattern on it. My cousin, HM had a job where she was selling beauty products. The small boy may have been her son.

Scene 2: Wedding Reception - Night
I was then at the wedding reception, where my family were also guests. The reception was being held in a large hall or community centre, with tables at one end and a disco/dance floor at the other end. My family were near the dance floor. The wedding was that of a friend of my cousin, HM - he was a criminal lawyer and I am not sure if I knew him myself or how the rest of my family knew him. I sat on a seat near the tables and was joined by 2 young (approximately 18 years old) males, both white with brown hair, although I cannot recall anything else about them. I was talking to them about something, when a group of teenage girls came over. They all looked 'alternative' - they were dressed in 'emo' or 'scene' outfits. They said that they had dropped by for a short while so that they could smoke some cannabis. I found that myself and the 2 males were all smoking cannabis too, at the tables we were sitting at, which I do not think I realised before. The girls said that they would be leaving now they had finished smoking. My Mum was dancing. She then came over and I noticed that she was unusually thin and wearing a purple dress. We had a conversation and then she went over to join my uncle and aunt, GC and KC and my cousin, HM, on a nearby table. I could see the disco lights on the ceiling above them, shining down in a variety of colours and shapes. 

Scene 3: My Kitchen, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was then in my kitchen in my flat in Norwich. In the kitchen, there is a stove/oven and also a combination microwave/oven. In the dream the microwave/oven was the main cooking facility and was much bigger - the size of a normal oven, looking like an aga (i.e. old-fashioned and with an actual flame). I was trying to work out how to set the 'microwave/oven' so that I could cook a fresh lobster which I had bought for £1.25. It came in a tray covered with transparent film wrapping - like the way meat is sold and it was already red (indicating that it was already boiled). A former schoolfriend, AKB was present and I asked her how to get the 'microwave/oven' on the right setting to cook the lobster. She told me, but her instructions were wrong and the flame in the 'oven' became a large (yet contained) fire. This was frustrating.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Cannabis
  • My cousin HM

Dreamsigns: 

  • The situation with the wedding
  • The microwave/oven in my kitchen
  • AKB was present - I have not seen her for years

Day Residue: 
  • I saw my cousin HM post a photo of her young son on Facebook shortly before this dream
  • I had been listening to The Ricky Gervais Show on XFM - in one section of a show, Karl Pilkington tells a story which features a fire in an oven. In his weekly segment 'Cheeky Freak of the Week', he told a story about a 'Lobster Man' (a man with a congenital deformation where his hands were fused to look like lobster claws)
  • I had been listening to Stephen King's IT (1986) on audiobook and recently listened to the chapter where Eddie Kasprak receives a crate of free lobster from a worker on the freight trains - note Dream 852 - 'Ewan McGregor v Pennywise the Dancing Clown'

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was fairly normal in the sense that everything that happened was theoretically possible, if not in my own life. There was nothing overly bizarre about this dream, compared to other recent dream experiences, but nevertheless I found it quite enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment