Sunday 13 August 2017

Dream 860

'Altered Beast on 'Anakin Skywalker Day''
Date: 7 August 2017
Time: Precise Times Unknown (I was woken by an alarm at 07:00 hours)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: A Family Home - Day
I was in a family home - not one from real life, but in the dream I lived in this house with various members of my family. I cannot recall anything about the interior of this house. I was with my Mum and my cousin HM. I had to go somewhere (unrecalled) to play the Sega game Altered Beast. In the dream, this was not a platform game, but an RPG and I was the main character, experiencing the game as if I was actually in it. Before I left the house to start the game, I was looking for my purse and realised that I had lost it. I was making a fuss about losing my purse, and my Mum and my cousin didn't seem to care, which was making me frustrated. I kept looking for the purse in a stressed state, until I realised that I would be late and had to leave. As soon as I got out of the house, and was standing on the pavement in a suburban residential area, I realised that my purse had been in my bag all along. I felt relieved, but thought that I should not tell my Mum/cousin that I had my purse the whole time or they would think I was stupid. 

Scene 2: A Pub, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk - Day
Before I went to play the Altered Beast game I went to a pub in Great Yarmouth. The pub was dark and mainly decorated in orange. There as a jukebox beside a wall which had a huge display case, which was like a large pinboard, with a glass front. Inside the display was a menu for a local Indian takeaway/restaurant and some other items. My eyes were drawn to the top of the display which contained a black and white image of Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars - sitting on a motorbike. He appeared as he looks in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005), which is how I think he looks the sexiest. The photograph had the colours (or tones, given it was black and white) inverted, so it looked like a 'negative' - see the image posted below for reference, which depicts Anakin on a speeder from Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002), as it is close enough to a 'motorbike' for the purposes of illustration (and avoids the need for me to do complex photoshopping). 

It was 'Anakin Skywalker Day' - Anakin was a real person and he came from Great Yarmouth, which was why the town was celebrating him (he was a Jedi and was a 'local hero') and the image was on display. I wondered if I would meet Anakin when I went out to play Altered Beast, given he was going to be in his 'home town' to join in the celebrations. 

Scene 3: A Suburban Residential Area - Day
I was now involved in the Altered Beast game - this involved approaching houses and knocking/ringing on the door(bell) and then running away ('knock and run' or 'knock down Ginger'). I did this on the first house, which was a red brick semi-detached, fairly typical, family home, with a small front porch. I knocked on the door, feeling really apprehensive and under some kind of threat. I stepped back and looked at the house. I then realised that there was a small box on the side of the house, which I could 'throw a newspaper' into, for extra points in the game. I then saw that there was a doorbell I could ring for extra points (I had not seen this when I first knocked at the door) and a trumpet, which was in the 'newspaper box' which I could take, for even more points. I thought I would be able to 'win' the game as long as the home owner did not open the door and see me. My alarm clock them woke me up. As I was waking, hearing the alarm, I perceived this to be the sound of the trumpet I could see in the dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum/Cousins as dream characters
  • Anakin Skywalker as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was involved in a weird RPG version of Altered Beast which bore no similarities to the actual game
  • Anakin Skywalker came from Great Yarmouth

Day Residue: 
  • I had remembered a time when I lost my purse a number of years ago
  • I had been talking to DL shortly before this dream about Factory Girl (2006) which stars Hayden Christensen as 'Billy Quinn', a character based on Bob Dylan - he rides a motorbike in the movie. Guy Pearce also stars in the movie, as Andy Warhol; I had watched Guy Pearce in Alien: Covenant (2017) a couple of days before this dream
  • My favourite person, Ewan McGregor is a motorbike enthusiast - and he is someone I associate with Anakin Skywalker, given he plays Obi-Wan Kenobi alongside him in the Star Wars prequel trilogy
  • I had been listening to The Ricky Gervais Show on XFM (audio videos posted on Youtube which are fan-edited collections of the best clips, often arranged thematically) in which Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington discussed the following relevant topics: Karl's design for the 'ultimate' animal; Ricky mentioning that Karl was like Ewan McGregor, always going round on a bike; Karl's idea for a quiz 'The Rice in Right' when the listeners of the radio show would call in and guess 'pilau' or 'egg fried' depending on whether Karl was reading from an Indian or Chinese menu; Karl's paper round being his favourite job.

Waking Reactions: 
I loved this dream - I am not sure where the reference to Altered Beast game came from as I have not even thought about this game in my recollection. The only thing I can link to this was the animal Karl Pilkington was describing on The Ricky Gervais Show. The rest of the dream seems to be complex connection of various elements of Day Residue. I wish this dream had continued, as I was very disappointed when my alarm clock woke me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment