Tuesday 6 February 2018

Dream 906

'Stupid Old C*nt'
Date: 2 February 2018
Time: 03:30 - 10:30
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Weak recall 

This dream was part of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - Anakin Skywalker Dream. Please click HERE for my post on the Dream Incubation Experiment, the Methodology I am using (with instructions for those who also want to attempt to incubate their own dream) and links to my previous Dream Incubation Experiments and previous Star Wars-themed dreams. On that post you will also find an Index for all recorded dreams which take place during this experiment.

Scene 1: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Day
I cannot recall anything about this dream other than one scene which took place in my Nan's house, Sheringham. We were both in the lounge - my Nan was standing by the window and I was standing across the room, beside the kitchen door. My Nan was wearing a pink dressing gown and at the start of the conversation, was looking out from a gap in the closed curtains, which is how I saw it was daytime. We were discussing disabled children and my Nan said that they should all be killed. I was getting really angry about this and we began to argue. My Nan sat down in the armchair beside the door into the hallway. I screamed at her: 'You stupid old cunt!' and then stood right beside her and repeated this, emphasising the words, in particular 'old'. For some reason, although my Nan is old (she is 75 years this year), and she is neither 'stupid' nor a 'cunt', the word 'old' felt like the worst of these insults in the dream. 

Extra Information: 
No Vitamin B6 taken (forgot)

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 

  • The argument with my Nan

Day Residue: 
  • The night of this dream I had been reading a story about a 9 year old American child (with a first name very similar to my own real life first name) who had a severe genetic disorder causing significant disability and deformity. Her photograph had been 'stolen' for use on a site campaigning for eugenics (mandatory screening and abortion of babies with disabilities, refusal leading to the parents having to pay for all healthcare in full). This story was posted online and the comments section beneath the post became a massive argument, as it was split down the middle - with some people advocating abortion of severely disabled children, and others advocating for disability rights. I did not have a strong reaction to the issue, although personally, my view is that it is a matter for the individual parents to decide and if people are born with disabilities then they deserve full equality and opportunity

Waking Reactions: 
I was very angry in this dream - much angrier than I had been when reading the real life comments under the online post about the real life story. There is not much to say about my waking reactions to this dream as I can only remember this one scene, and probably this one was recalled because it produced a strong emotional reaction within the dream state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment