Tuesday 6 February 2018

Dream 907

'Terrible Exam Performance'
Date: 3 February 2018
Time: 03:00 - 08:30
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

This dream was part of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - Anakin Skywalker Dream. Please click HERE for my post on the Dream Incubation Experiment, the Methodology I am using (with instructions for those who also want to attempt to incubate their own dream) and links to my previous Dream Incubation Experiments and previous Star Wars-themed dreams. On that post you will also find an Index for all recorded dreams which take place during this experiment.

Scene 1: An Educational Institution - Day
I was at a desk sitting with other dream characters, some of whom I know from real life. This was a school/university classroom. The only person I can vividly recall was SVF, my best friend from high school. At school SVF and I used to often get into trouble, but while I kept up with my work due to a natural academic ability (and therefore did not have to pay attention in class or study hard), SVF - who was also intelligent, applied herself less and was often behind on her work. 

We were taking an exam. The exam was 3 hours long and comprised of 3 essay questions. As I read the exam paper, I realised that I did not understand a single one of the question options, and in my confused state, I was not able to attempt a single one. It was as if not understanding the question meant that I had no motivation to try and gave up without even making an attempt. I cannot recall the questions on the exam paper - it was very difficult to read them, as it often is in a dream. I knew I either had not studied the topics, or could not remember enough material to answer the questions. 

I was shocked to find that while I was looking at the exam paper, the 3 hours passed in no time at all. I could see SVF had almost completed her exam and I wondered why I was unable to do so. 

Something happened and the whole exam started again, in the same set of circumstances, but with a new exam paper. I still felt overwhelmed by the questions, but I could see one which was: 'Why is dreaming important?' I felt that I could answer this question, but while I was thinking about how to structure the answer using my knowledge of dreaming, I became aware that I had too much information and no way to fit it into a comprehensive, yet concise answer which would make sense. An alarm went off. I assumed this meant the 3 hours were up and this was the end of the exam. SVF explained that this was just a timer to indicate the first hour had passed, meaning we still had 2 hours left of the exam. As it appeared that we were supposed to spend an hour per question, I wondered if I could complete the exam in 2 hours, given I had wasted the first one thinking about dreaming. However, I was unable to write anything on the exam paper at all, and decided to just give up.

Scene 2: My Former Law Firm, Norwich - Day
I then found myself back at the Criminal Defence law firm where I used to work. A friend from Sheringham, AP was now the boss (she has never worked in law, I believe she is a stay-at-home mum). I wanted my job back and went to speak to AP about this. AP said that I was still retained as an employee of the firm, I just had not been given any work. I asked what I needed to do to start working again and build up a caseload. AP said that when ome work for me came in, I would be able to work. I was not convinced by this, as I felt that if I was still employed on a retainer, I would have been given some work by now. I sat down at a desk and performed some menial task for the firm, which I felt meant nothing and would not guarantee I would get any proper work. The situation was confusing the frustrating to me. 

I went into the stairwell, which looked very industrial - the staircases were concrete with exposed metal railings and the walls looked to be made of grey breezeblocks. There was some yellow - I cannot recall if it was on the stair railings or walls/door, but it added to the industrial feel of the location. There were many flights of stairs, with small concrete platforms in between each. I stood on some stairs, which led up to a big metal door - which also looked industrial. It was quite dark, as there were no windows. While I was standing on these stairs, RDTA approached me from behind and I was aware that he wad wearing grey tracksuit bottoms, which he pulled down. He started trying to have sex with me from behind, which I was pleased about. We had sex standing up on the stairs and then RDTA started kissing my neck. He said: 'Kiss me back', so I turned my head and began kissing him, with him still standing behind me. I found it odd that RDTA wanted me to kiss him. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
No Vitamin B6 taken (forgot)

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was sitting an exam with SVF
  • My reaction to the exam was extremely different to real life
  • AP was the boss of my former law firm
  • The scene with RDTA

Day Residue: 
  • Recently I have been trying to secure an academic intercalation for my PhD as I am behind on work
  • On the day of this dream I was discussing the 'academic' approach I adopt to my dreamwork
  • On the day of this dream I received a message from a follower via my Tallulah La Ghash Facebook page. The person was asking me to help them with a desired lucid dream which involved a very extreme taboo subject. Before awaiting my response, he launched into a description of his problem and the very disturbing lucid dream he wanted to experience as a way of dealing with his moral conflict and waking issues (it involved his adult sister in a sexual scenario). I told him I was unwilling to discuss the topic with him, and if he wanted my advice on how to lucid dream generally, he was welcome to follow it, but I thought he needed a therapist, not an oneironaut. This man continued to press me for advice and discussion of his issue, asking me many questions. On a number of occasions, my response was: 'I can't answer that' and eventually I began to ignore his continuous desperate messages because I felt uncomfortable with hi disclosure (he told me I am the only person he has confessed his fantasies to). It is likely my inability to answer the exam question relating to dreaming in Scene 1 was heavily influenced by me telling the man messaging me that I could not provide him with an answer
  • On the day of this dream I had seen AP make a Facebook post

Waking Reactions: 
Although this was an enjoyable sex dream, it was not a 'wet dream' as I did not have an orgasm (either in the deram or in real life). The early part of the dream was really stressful and distressing to me, but the sex with RDTA was calming.

1 comment:

  1. Wow cool post, thanks for sharing
    I recommended also visit: writer

    ReplyDelete