Friday 16 February 2018

Dream 910

'Blast from the Past'
Date: 7 February 2018
Time: 01:30 - 08:45
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Weak recall 

This dream was part of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - Anakin Skywalker Dream. Please click HERE for my post on the Dream Incubation Experiment, the Methodology I am using (with instructions for those who also want to attempt to incubate their own dream) and links to my previous Dream Incubation Experiments and previous Star Wars-themed dreams. On that post you will also find an Index for all recorded dreams which take place during this experiment.

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was in unknown (unrecalled) location and present was PM - a boy from the year below me at high school who strongly resembled Kurt Cobain (and styled himself on Cobain, being a Nirvana fan). I was always attracted to PM while at school - both his looks and his personality/musical talent. In the dream time had passed between high school and it may have been the present day, but PM looked as he did at school (I have no idea what he would look like now, as I have never met him as an adult). I wanted to show him I was attracted to him, but I felt he was far too young for me. A female dream character - a mature woman with grey hair - was present at some point and I told her that it would be inappropriate for me to make advances on PM as he was too young.

I cannot recall what else happened in the dream.

Extra Information: 
No Vitamin B6 taken (forgot)

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 

  • PM looked the way he did in high school and there seemed to be an age gap between us (more than the actual 1 year)

Day Residue: 
  • Around the time of this dream I saw a post by BC stating that women over 30 are sexually unappealing - this is his typical of his trolling personality. My response was that men over 30 are also on the decline. There is no point reacting negatively to BC. I also saw a number of posts on Facebook tag groups where men - incel/neckbeard types - were expressing the same sentiment, or sharing memes comparing teenage girls to 30-something women. Given these groups are intended to highlight distasteful, offensive or problematic posts online, I react more genuinely here than on my friends' satirical posts

Waking Reactions: 
I wish I remembered more about this dream. I thought it was really weird that PM was the person who appeared in this dream as although I did have a crush on him more than 20 years ago, it wasn't a particularly 'strong' or 'deep' crush, more like appreciation. If I had really fancied him, I could have made him aware back then. I have vague recollections of other dreams that involved PM. It inspires me to try and make contact with him, but I feel that this would be weird and creepy and other than a band website which has not been updated in years, there is no trace of him on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment