Friday 16 February 2018

Dream 911

'English New York'
Date: 8 February 2018
Time: 02:45 - 10:30
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

This dream was part of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - Anakin Skywalker Dream. Please click HERE for my post on the Dream Incubation Experiment, the Methodology I am using (with instructions for those who also want to attempt to incubate their own dream) and links to my previous Dream Incubation Experiments and previous Star Wars-themed dreams. On that post you will also find an Index for all recorded dreams which take place during this experiment.

Scene 1: 'New York', 'USA' - Day
I cannot recall all of what happened in this dream, but I was in a location which I perceived to be 'New York' in America (where I have actually visited before, with SL, my ex-friend). However, every location I saw in this dream was clearly in the UK - and more specifically, reminiscent of York, where I did my first undergraduate degree (where I met SL). The particular area of York it reminded me of was a residential area midway between where I lived on Milton Street (a street off the main Hull Road) and the city centre. There are many redbrick terraced houses in this area. I have included a Google Maps image of the road I lived on in York below, for reference. This was not the area I saw in my dream. I did take a virtual tour of the area on Google Maps, hoping to find the one specific little side street which appeared in my dream, but it was impossible due to memory issues and the fact the areas in question have inevitably changed in the decade or more which has passed since I was last there.

I was with BC - an online friend who I met through DL (and have met in person). We were in New York to get some cannabis and it felt like it was going to be a difficult task, which was making me frustrated. BC and I were standing at a bus stop for a short while, then we walked down a road, turning into a residential side street. For some (unrecalled) reason we had to crouch behind a small wall which was outside a house. It was as if we were hiding from someone, but the situation did not feel scary. I said to BC that the location did not feel like New York, but instead reminded me of York, England. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
No Vitamin B6 taken (forgot)

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • York as inspiration for a dream scene location

Dreamsigns: 

  • New York was really a location in the UK
  • I was with BC trying to find some cannabis in 'New York'

Day Residue: 
  • I had been interacting with BC online - and I feel that my previous dream (Dream 910 - 'Blast from the Past') was inspired by Day Residue/waking interaction with him
  • On the day of this dream someone on Tinder had contacted me and within a couple of lines of introduction was asking if I knew how he could get hold of cannabis
  • Dream 910 involved a young man who strongly resembled Kurt Cobain. I feel that this dream may have been inspired by my interactions with BC which involved his status about mature women being unattractive and teenagers being superior. I work with teenagers. One of the teenagers I recently had to deal with in relation to complaints of smoking cannabis in his residences had the same pair of 'Jackie O' sunglasses I own - these being strongly associated with Kurt Cobain (see below image). I feel that the earlier dream involving the teenage Kurt Cobain lookalike (inspired by BC's status about young people) and this dream involving BC and cannabis may all be linked through Day Residue and connections my subconscious made
Waking Reactions: 
I have had previous dreams in which I was in New York, but it felt more like I was in the UK. I feel that the fact I was able to notice the discrepancy within the dream means that I could have lucid had my mind fact-checked more.

No comments:

Post a Comment